1363Re: [BottosCon] Some Games I'd Like to Play

      Ah, looks like it's already on there, and Stephen is in too. Great! Four people is a good number. I've never played with 5 or 6...

      Jay

      On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 4:42 AM, Jay White <gogomax49@...> wrote:
      You meant Dominant Species for Sat night, right, Doug?

      I'll put the game on the list now and sign you and Anthony up.

      Jay

      On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 9:39 PM, Doug Cooley <doug666@...> wrote:

      On Sep 14, 2011, at 4:32 PM, Duncan Rice wrote:

      Are we up for a game of No Retreat? I'm currently reading the rules.
      Please let me know one way or the other and give a preferred time.

      Yes. Played a game this past weekend, at least the first few turns, so I feel I have the system down pretty well. Pay special attention to how replacements and reinforcements are deployed vs detrained units, as there are some major differences there (not to mention between the two nationalities). I'm estimating a full game to take about 4 hours if you're passingly familiar with the system. Because there are so few units, there's a lot of chance to deploy a single unit poorly and screw yourself pretty badly, so a lot of "checking" the map to be sure your line is intact. It would also be a good idea to take a look at the cards to see what sort of mischief your opponent can get up to.

      I do not have anything scheduled, other than I'd like to take part in the Up Front tournament, and I'm also scheduled for a Sunday evening game as well (Dominant Species, I think). Otherwise right now I'm at your convenience so pick a time.

      Doug

      --
      www.gogomax49.com
      http://draworbedrawn.blogspot.com/