      To: BottosCon@...
      From: doug666@...
      Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 09:44:10 -0700
      Subject: [BottosCon] Games For Sale, Last Call

      All,

      Because there may be a few of you who joined after this message was originally posted, I'm reposting. Thanks to all who have purchased games, so far I've collected nearly $150 going to the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund (sorry about the misspelled name earlier).

      As a quick reminder, I will be busy getting ready to go on Wednesday and traveling on Thursday, so please let me know if you'd like me to bring anything up for you by the end of day Tuesday. I will try to accommodate orders after that time, but won't guarantee I'll catch it in time or have room.

      All games are, unless otherwise noted, to be in very good to like new condition, with most like new other than having punched and clipped counters and having minimal box wear and some handling of the components. I am not a smoker, so they smell like games instead of tobacco. You are welcome to inspect the game at the con and refuse to purchase, but please don't ask me to bring something up if you don't fully intend to purchase it.

      Thanks for your support of the Fund.

      Doug C

      On Oct 22, 2011, at 9:36 AM, Doug Cooley wrote:

      Guys,

      I have a bunch of games that I am planning to put up for auction on Board Game Geek in the near future to benefit the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund. Jack was the infant son of Tom Vasal, known for his tireless work on The Dice Tower podcast. Jack died long before his first birthday, but his medical costs were overwhelming for the Vasals, and Tom turned to the BGG community for assistance and got it. He has created a fund to help others in the same situation.

      What does this have to do with BottosCon? Well, I hate going to the post office or the UPS store, so I'm going to offer the games at my "friends and family" prices to people attending BottosCon. All proceeds, assuming I'm not taxed at the border, will go to the JVMF.

      You can see the list of games and prices at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/68926/dougs-game-sale. The bulk of the games fall into a couple of categories - GMT's GBoH line, Avalanche Press' Panzer Grenadier series, as well as a few things from GWaS or SWWaS, many of the old AH Smithsonian titles, GMT's Musket and Pike series, Battles of the American Revolution series,  and a smattering of other titles. Consider prices to be in Canadian dollars, and I will only accept cash.

      If any of the above series interest you, take a look. These are fire sale prices for the most part, aside from a couple of things that have some actual value. And your dollars go to a good cause.

      Because of space limitations, I will only bring games that people have requested by end of day Tuesday, Nov 1st.

      Doug C

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic