1860Re: Please be gentle with me..

  • rekinrade
      > ..I don't see a game that grabs me..

      Understood; that's just the ones I own & can bring along.

      If anyone wants to play something of about the same sort of complexity & length and either doesn't mind teaching it or the rules are on-line somewhere that'd work too.

      I appreciate most attendees will have their dance cards filled out before they arrive, but would you say there'll be much scope for pick up games at the event? Will there be spare tables available, for example?

      > ..I missed your initial message

      No probs. You did say hi when I sent the original message, it was just sent a while back.

      > ..what's keeping you away on Friday night?

      Family commitments that weekend, unfortunately, otherwise I'd have signed up for the Up Front.

      --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@...> wrote:

      > Roy, somehow I missed your initial message. First and foremost, welcome aboard.
      >
      > Looking at your list I don't see a game that grabs me but don't get discouraged as we still have lots of time to get you into a game. The chatter on this list picks up quite a bit in Oct. There are ASLSK players out there and I know my friend Rick Smith likes some of the VPG games.
      >
      > Just curious, what's keeping you away on Friday night?
      > Rob
      >
      > --- In BottosCon@..., "rekinrade" <rekinrade@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi One & All
      > >
      > > I'm still looking for a game, ideally on Saturday aft./eve. (Friday eve. is looking unlikely now).
      > >
      > > Last time I forgot to say that I also own a couple of the Victory Point Games' Napoleonic 20 series, if that makes a difference.
      > >
      > > Anyone interested?
      > >
      > > Roy K.
      > >
      > > --- In BottosCon@..., "rekinrade" <rekinrade@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi One & All
      > > >
      > > > This will be my first time attending an event like this, so I'm not 100% sure how this is supposed to work. Please bear with me if I appear the total noob I unfortunately am.
      > > >
      > > > Anyhoo, I'm interested in playing some lighter/shorter wargames. I own copies of Command & Colors: Napoleonics, Panzer Grenadier:1940 Fall of France and the ASL SK series.
      > > >
      > > > I hope to be at the con Friday eve, Saturday aft .eve and Sunday aft.
      > > >
      > > > Anyone wanna make a playdate?
      > > >
      > > > Roy K.

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic