1895Re: Rounding out my lineup..

  • david_m_einstein
      That gets me out of the woodwork. I have a couple of the "better for newbies" 18XX titles that I would really like to try. 1846 and 18NEB are the ones I would suggest. My only experience directly with 18XX was one aborted game on my home made copy of 18AL... the post mortem revealed we were not buying trains fast enough (and the game stalled). What I took from that experience is that it is best if newbies like us had an 18XX veteran in the game to show us how its done/clean our clocks.

      Saturday morning works for me.

      If 18XX isn't a go, I would also be very interested in giving Andean Abyss or Bios: Megafauna a go. Both would be new to me but I am a veteran High Frontier player, so I know what I could be getting into with a Phil Eklund game.

      Gunslinger also sounds like a great time...

      This will be my first BottosCon...

      David

      --- In BottosCon@..., Jay White <gogomax49@...> wrote:

      > I don't suppose anyone has an 18xx game they'd like to play starting Sat
      > morning? It would be my first go at an 18xx game, and would be best if I
      > could get the rules somehow (online?) to read 'em so I don't slow things
      > up.
      >
      > Just putting that out there... otherwise maybe space empires or Andean
      > Abyss..
      >
      > Jay
      >
      > On Friday, September 14, 2012, Bryan <martibm@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > I'd be interested in giving this a shot.
      > >
      > > --- In BottosCon@..., Jay White <gogomax49@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> I'm going to bring Gunslinger to Bottoscon. Maybe during a break we can
      > >> have a game. The problem is that it's easy to be eliminated quickly, so I
      > >> don't think it would be a great game to block into a slot, but maybe
      > we'll
      > >> scratch together 4-8 people at some point for a couple shoot-em-ups.
      > >>
      > >> Great game, easy to learn if you've never played before.
      > >>
      > >> Jay
      > >>

      > --
      > www.gogomax49.com
      > http://draworbedrawn.blogspot.com/