1900Re: [BottosCon] Re: Rounding out my lineup..

      There's one for AA. First call on a 4th for AA or a 3rd for the other two seals the deal! :)

      Jay

      On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Jay White <gogomax49@...> wrote:
      There's a Yahoo Groups thing to sign up for the games, David. Look under bottoscon.

      If you end up being the odd man out, I'll happily watch over the game and moderate.

      Lets see if anyone else is interested in starting one of the three Sunday morning...

      Anyone? Sunday morning -

      Andean Abyss
      Bios Megafauna
      1846  ?

      Jay

      On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 8:34 PM, david_m_einstein <david.einstein@...> wrote:

      Hi Jay,

      I think I would probably rather start the game (18XX/Andean Abyss/Bios Megafauna) on Sunday morning rather than split it over the night. I think we would ideally need a 3rd for Bios, and a 4th for Andean Abyss or 1846 (which is the 18XX title I think is probably best for us to try).

      I probably won't be staying late Saturday night, but the Gunslinger game sounds great (how do I formally declare my intent here?).

      Yours in newbieness,

      David

      --- In BottosCon@..., Jay White <gogomax49@...> wrote:

      > Hi David,
      >
      > Looks like we both posted at the same time!
      >
      > I just checked the schedule and it looks like my Friday and Saturday (until
      > mid-evening) are pretty full.
      >
      > Are you (and anyone else) interested in starting an 18xx game after the
      > Gunslinger game finishes Sat evening, then picking it up on Sunday morning?
      > Either that or start Sunday morning?
      >
      > If that's not a go, how about the same deal with either Andean Abyss or
      > Bios: Megafauna? (i.e. either start mid-Sat evening and continue Sunday
      > morning, or start Sunday morning?)
      >
      > Jay
      >
      > On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 7:49 PM, david_m_einstein <
      > david.einstein@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **

      > > That gets me out of the woodwork. I have a couple of the "better for
      > > newbies" 18XX titles that I would really like to try. 1846 and 18NEB are
      > > the ones I would suggest. My only experience directly with 18XX was one
      > > aborted game on my home made copy of 18AL... the post mortem revealed we
      > > were not buying trains fast enough (and the game stalled). What I took from
      > > that experience is that it is best if newbies like us had an 18XX veteran
      > > in the game to show us how its done/clean our clocks.
      > >
      > > Saturday morning works for me.
      > >
      > > If 18XX isn't a go, I would also be very interested in giving Andean Abyss
      > > or Bios: Megafauna a go. Both would be new to me but I am a veteran High
      > > Frontier player, so I know what I could be getting into with a Phil Eklund
      > > game.
      > >
      > > Gunslinger also sounds like a great time...
      > >
      > > This will be my first BottosCon...
      > >
      > > David
      > >

      > > --- In BottosCon@..., Jay White <gogomax49@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I don't suppose anyone has an 18xx game they'd like to play starting Sat
      > > > morning? It would be my first go at an 18xx game, and would be best if I
      > > > could get the rules somehow (online?) to read 'em so I don't slow things
      > > > up.
      > > >
      > > > Just putting that out there... otherwise maybe space empires or Andean
      > > > Abyss..
      > > >
      > > > Jay

      > > can
      > > so I