1994Re: First time attendees

      Bob, thanks for introducing yourself and looking at your list two games jump out at me. fleets 2025, and Caesar XL. I learend to play Fleets 2025 with Mark Woloshen and won as the Chinese and have wanted to play the game again but have never found anyone to play with. I'd also be interested in learing to play Caesar XL. My dance card...errrr....games card is full on most of Saturday and Friday night but my Friday afternoon is free and Sunday is looking pretty open at the moment.

      Rob

      --- In BottosCon@..., Robert Kuhar <robertkuhar@...> wrote:

      > My name is Bob Kuhar and I am a First Timer BottosCon attendee. Last week
      > Rob asked us to "self identify" and post what games we would like to play.
      > So here goes.
      >
      > I'll be bringing...
      > Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear
      > Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel
      >
      > I could play these two all weekend and be happy. On Friday evening DanC
      > and I, at least, are playing Conflict Of Heros. If we can rally 6 or 7
      > more commanders, the "Chercasskoye Firefight Campaign" scenario is
      > customized for Convention play and facilitates up to 8 (if we get 8, I'll
      > be entertained just watching this play out):
      > http://academy-games.com/images/stories/downloads/cherkasskoye-v3.zip . 8
      > players, large enough table, hand made damage markers, it could be epic!
      > Oh, yeah, Academy Games has released the rules around the new Damage
      > Markers they will include with the new edition of "Awakening the Bear":
      > http://goo.gl/iogvw . I think DanC may have the actual markers, but if not
      > I'll fashion some of my own so the path of the battle is more clear at its
      > end.
      >
      > I also have some Victory Point games that travel well...
      > Fleets 2025
      > Jena 20
      > Caesar XL
      >
      > These games play fast in a small surface area and are always entertaining.
      > I have never seen the US win "Fleets 2025". Maybe try your luck with a
      > Zumwalt class destroyer: Have Rail Gun, will travel.
      >
      > I'm hopeful to find a game of...
      > Wilderness War
      > Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage
      > Wooden Ships & Iron Men
      > Gunslinger
      > Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001-?
      >
      > I like wargaming in general and prefer games that can be played out in
      > about 2 or 3 hours. Thank you, Rob, for organizing this and I look forward
      > to meeting you all on the field, er', table of battle.
      >
      > Bob
      >
      > On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 12:11 PM, robinkorea2002 <scouterrob@...>wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Fellow BottosCon attendees, first I want to thank all the BottosCon
      > > veterans for your continued support. This event wouldn't be as great as it
      > > is without your continued support. This year we have 44 registered
      > > attendees with still 4 weeks to go before BottosCon 2012. Of the 44
      > > attendees, 14 are first time attendees, and while most of the new 14 are
      > > experienced wargamers, some are very new to both our convention and hobby.
      > >
      > > I would hope that we all do our best to make our new attendees welcome,
      > > and help them get into some games. This great hobby of ours will stagnate
      > > if we don't reach out and make new attendees welcome.
      > >
      > > Some of our attendees are running introductory games, and we also have the
      > > fine folks from Boardgame Warriors and Starlit Citadel helping out in this
      > > regard.
      > >
      > > I've asked new attendees to introduce themselves and post what games
> [...]
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic