2127BottosCon 2013 - new location announcement

    Jan 11 7:11 PM
      I wanted to thank people for their patience and feedback on possible new locations for BottosCon 2013.

      I have decided to go with the Sheraton Vancouver Guildford hotel http://www.sheratonguildford.com/ in Surrey, BC.

      The Sheraton Guildford allows the convention to remain in Surrey and still be centrally located for our friends south of the border as well as Vancouver Island and the interior.

      Our new location, The Ballantyne Room, gives us 3400 sq. ft. of gaming space with no need to worry about noisy neighbors, the ability to game longer, attract more gamers, and no limit on table sizes or numbers, so basically, if you want to run 3 games of Case Blue, we've got the room.

      The hotel is in a much nicer part of Surrey, they are familiar with our needs - the catering manager's sons are gamers, and there are lots of eating establishments within short walking distance of the hotel, as well as a very nice restaurant on site.

      The hotel has a shuttle service which will pick people up from the skytrain stations in Surrey that are staying at the hotel, and I'm looking into the possibility of getting the service extended to convention attendees who are not staying in the hotel.

      The hotel will provide a dedicated 1-800 line for convention attendees to get the negotiated convention rate, as well as an online link if registering online. Convention rates are good for up to 3 days prior, and 3 days post, and rooms MUST be booked by October 9, 2013 5pm.

      VCON previously held their convention at this hotel, and their Executive gave me a very positive review of both the hotel facilities, rates, and staff.

      I am confident that we have found a good home for BottosCon, and I hope you will continue to support the event. I will continue to provide details as I have them.

      Rob Bottos
      BottosCon Actual
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic