2194Re: Wings of War/Glory

  • stephen
      Mike, I remember that game at that con and I recently picked up my first copy of one of the bits of the system. I would very much like to play again at the upcoming con, so count me in for any WWI effort. I am also in the market to pick up more of the bits, so if you have things to spare that you are considering selling, let me know and we can discuss what you might bring along with you that I can then take home with me while making your wallet heavier. :)

      pax, smn

      --- In BottosCon@..., "oldguy59_wgf" <t.michael.owen@...> wrote:

      > --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Guys, have been wanting to play this game ever since Jeff ran it at BottosCon 2007. Finally had a chance to play it over Christmas and have to say I really like it. Between Dave Lifford and myself we have over 40 miniatures and we'd like to run a session at this year's BottosCon. Ideally I'd like to try to organize a giant dogfight as a way of introducing people to the game. This is a family friendly game - I played it last Saturday with Dave and his 2 sons, aged 5 and 9.
      > >
      > > I'm not asking people to commit right now, but please think about joining us.
      > >
      > > Rob
      > >
      > All,
      > Rob has asked me to assist with the Tournament, and running a gameor two of Wings of Glory. I will be bringing my collection of planes, and will be looking for more for different games throughout the weekend. I will also be bringing a Forssmann Triplane bomber (never actually flown, but was being built in 1918). It will feature in a game called "Slay the Leviathan". For a look at the first attempt to fly the mission, see this After Action Report:
      > http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?15239-SND-International-Skype-Game-Slay-the-Leviathan-8-9-June-2013&p=226230#post226230
      >
      > There will be other games, and any people willing to coach and assist would be welcome. Presently, I am focusing on WWI, but perhaps we can get a game or two for WWII, with a scenario for the Battle of Britain, using Spitfires and Hurricanes vs Bf109s and Heinkel 111s.
      >
      > More to follow.
      >
      > Mike

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic