224Re: BottosCon and Diplomacy

  • Rob
      Ed, last year's convention was thrown together in a little over 2
      months andso there wasn't really a chance to get the word out to the
      Diplomacy players. This year we have 6 months to get ready for our
      convention and if you like I can arrange for a few of our club
      members who play diplomacy to put in an appearance at your convention
      to 1. support your Con. and 2. promote our Con.

      I personally don't play diplomacy, tried it a few years ago but found
      the game to be too cut throat and the guys I played with all ganged
      up on the new guy. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

      A couple of quick points.
      1. We are aiming for an atendance between 50 - 75 gamers.
      2. The hotel we are looking at in Surrey will have 2100 sq. ft. of
      space for gaming tbles.
      3. We are attempting to include a Western Canada ASL tournament.
      4. Would you be willing to have 1 diplomacy game run to attract new
      players to the hobby?
      5. the hotel we are looking at is in Surrey, BC and we should know
      in the next day or two if the location is viable.

      Any help you can offer is appreciated. Once I have a confirmed
      location I will be in contact and we can discuss matters further.
      Rob Bottos

      --- In canadiancontent@..., "edibirsan" <EdiBirsan@...>
      wrote:

      > Andrew Nick sent out a notice about something to be called the
      World Diplomacy Federation
      > and having its Annual International Championship at BottosCon.
      >
      > The Diplomacy hobby has a rather long (50 years almost) history of
      gaming and support for
      > cons everywhere.
      >
      > In fact we held the official World Diplomacy Championship in
      VANCOUVER last August.
      > If you had shown up and given a presentation it might help to make
      things easier for your
      > own development of a con in Victoria.
      >
      > If you are going to have a Diplomacy event at your new con we would
      like to help.

      > We can arrange for contacts of people in Vancouver, in Victoria, in
      Seattle and elsewhere that
      > may help get things organized and help you on the Rah Rah part of
      running an event.

      > Please advise
      > Edi Birsan

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic