224Re: BottosCon and Diplomacy
- 3 May, 2008Ed, last year's convention was thrown together in a little over 2
months andso there wasn't really a chance to get the word out to the
Diplomacy players. This year we have 6 months to get ready for our
convention and if you like I can arrange for a few of our club
members who play diplomacy to put in an appearance at your convention
to 1. support your Con. and 2. promote our Con.
I personally don't play diplomacy, tried it a few years ago but found
the game to be too cut throat and the guys I played with all ganged
up on the new guy. It left a bad taste in my mouth.
A couple of quick points.
1. We are aiming for an atendance between 50 - 75 gamers.
2. The hotel we are looking at in Surrey will have 2100 sq. ft. of
space for gaming tbles.
3. We are attempting to include a Western Canada ASL tournament.
4. Would you be willing to have 1 diplomacy game run to attract new
players to the hobby?
5. the hotel we are looking at is in Surrey, BC and we should know
in the next day or two if the location is viable.
Any help you can offer is appreciated. Once I have a confirmed
location I will be in contact and we can discuss matters further.
--- In canadiancontent@..., "edibirsan" <EdiBirsan@...>
>World Diplomacy Federation
> Andrew Nick sent out a notice about something to be called the
> and having its Annual International Championship at BottosCon.gaming and support for
> The Diplomacy hobby has a rather long (50 years almost) history of
> cons everywhere.VANCOUVER last August.
> In fact we held the official World Diplomacy Championship in
> If you had shown up and given a presentation it might help to makethings easier for your
> own development of a con in Victoria.like to help.
> If you are going to have a Diplomacy event at your new con we would
>Seattle and elsewhere that
> We can arrange for contacts of people in Vancouver, in Victoria, in
> may help get things organized and help you on the Rah Rah part ofrunning an event.
> Please advise
> Edi Birsan
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>