2271RE: [BottosCon] Canadian Crucible

  • Scot McConnachie

      I am interested as well, Art.

      Scot McConnachie

      From: BottosCon@... [mailto:BottosCon@...] On Behalf Of Jay White
      Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:04 PM
      To: BottosCon-owner@...
      Cc: BottosCon@...
      Subject: Re: [BottosCon] Canadian Crucible

      I'm in fer sure! Happy to help in any way.

      Jay

      On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Art <art@...> wrote:

      I'm planning on bringing the long awaited, recently released Canadian Crucible to BottosCon 2013 with the intent of helping those interested get comfortable with Tactical Combat Series.

      TCS offers wargamers real insight into battalion level tactics in a way that ASL and lesser games (such as Combat Commander) can't. With 16 titles in the series, TCS combines an excellent combat system with operational orders as used at the time. When combined with historical forces, accurate topography, morale decay and recovery, etc. TCS is easily the most insightful WWII tactical combat game system in print.

      Canadian Crucible, which Jay White and I helped to play-test, covers the attempts of the 12th SS Panzer Division to dislodge the Canadians from their D-Day +2 objectives. With gentle contours, clear objectives, high morale and balanced forces, this one map title is a natural for new (or returning) players.

      I hope to host two or three games side-by-side, teaching as needed and coaching as desired. Let me know if you're interested and I'll try to pair players at times, and experience levels, that work best.

      --
      website: http://draworbedrawn.wordpress.com

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic