2318Re: BottosCon 2013 update

      Hi guys, spoke with the hotel today. A couple of important updates.

      1. I have to pay for the convention space on October 8,2013. So, if you know you will be in attendance, please make sure to register prior to that date.

      2. The hotel's sky train shuttle picks up from the King George Sky train station at 3:30pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm, and 6:30pm. The shuttle leaves for the Sky train at 6:30am, 7:30am, 8:30am, and 9:30am.

      If your party is arriving or departing outside those hours, I.e. Art's Amtrak group, I need to know the size of your group, and when you will arrive/depart so I can make special arrangements with the hotel.

      3. Our hotel event coordinator would like to have our room layout requirements done no later than October 8. I will need to know your table requirements no later than October 5, 2013.

      Round tables are in 4, 5, and 6 foot sizes.

      Rectangular tables come in 18 inches by 6 feet or 30 inches by 6 feet. These are the only choices we have, so please go to the database and update your requirements. Do you require a tablecloth on your table?

      4. The hotel has asked us how many people will be eating in the hotel restaurant on Friday and Saturday night so they can ensure they have sufficient staff on hand to see to our needs.

      5. The hotel shows the following people registered as guests in the hotel: Rob Bottos, Terrence Gray, James Webb, Stephen Graham, Duncan Rice, Kevin Dietrick, Mike Owen, Art Brochet, Lester Marshall, Wilhelm Fitzpatrick, David Sullivan, Michel Boucher, Michael Resch.

      If you have reserved a room, and your name is not on the above list, please contact me asap.

      Thank you
      Rob Bottos

      --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@...> wrote:

      > Guys, just wanted to update everyone.
      >
      > We're currently at 28 paid registrants for this year's convention. While the preregistration discount is in effect until November 7, I'd really like to encourage people to register earlier as opposed to later for the following reasons.
      >
      > 1. I am printing up the convention badges on November 1, 2013.
      >
      > 2. Unlike the Compass Points Inn that billed me after the fact, I am contractually obligated to pay for the convention space the week prior to the convention.
      >
      > The deadline to receive the hotel convention rate of $99.00/night is noon October 9, 2013. In the database I've
      >
      > The game schedule is firming up nicely. I'd like to get the game schedule and table assignments finalized no later than October 25, 2013.
      >
      > As stated previously, there will be a game swap meet at this year's convention, so now is a good time to start thinking about the games you might want to find new homes for. You are responsible for listing the prices you want, and for collecting said monies. The convention is merely providing you a space to display your wares.
      >
      > Last but not least, I am asking everyone to please bring a non-perishable item for the food bank.
      >
      > Let's keep the chatter going and I'll provide updates as needed.
      >
      > Rob Bottos

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic