2382Re: website issues

  • jeffchristensen66
      The issue with the posting delays has been resolved by Yahoo.

      The database problem seems to have been a one off where someone's data was inadvertently deleted.

      I think it would be a big mistake to try to switch from using Yahoo to anything else to run the online presence of the convention. Especially to go to some hand built generic web site.

      Yahoo groups has one thing going for it that is going to be a pain to migrate from and that is that you have a registration system that has people registered. By having people signup for the group you have in effect got a registration system. Plus you've got everyone trained that this is how it works. Even if you build or use another system you are still going to have migrate everyone over. Just explaining that to everyone is going to be painful.

      I can help manage the database.

      Thanks.

      --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@...> wrote:

      > Jeff, the main complaint seems to be that posted messages are sometimes taking a few days to show up, and in some cases they don't show up at all. People don't like the present message forum or the database I've built to keep track of the games.
      > Rob
      > --- In BottosCon@..., "jeffchristensen66" <jeff.r.christensen@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Rob,
      > >
      > > What problems are people having with this site?
      > >

      > > --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > It seems for some reason that our yahoo page is experiencing problems and people are finding that the functionality of the page is too limiting. I have zero experience in building webpages, and have virtually no knowledge of HTML. Is there someone in our group that would be willing to help find and build us a new webpage for next year's convention?
      > > > Rob

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic