2383Re: website issues

      Sounds good Jeff. I'd prefer to keep things simple and free :) One thing I think we need to do is cleanup the membership database and get rid of duplicate memberships. I suppose as part of the registration process we can have the site email new members who join the convention registration details, is. Costs and this can be updated as needed each year. Thank you for your help and insight.
      Rob

      --- In BottosCon@..., "jeffchristensen66" <jeff.r.christensen@...> wrote:

      > The issue with the posting delays has been resolved by Yahoo.
      >
      > The database problem seems to have been a one off where someone's data was inadvertently deleted.
      >
      > I think it would be a big mistake to try to switch from using Yahoo to anything else to run the online presence of the convention. Especially to go to some hand built generic web site.
      >
      > Yahoo groups has one thing going for it that is going to be a pain to migrate from and that is that you have a registration system that has people registered. By having people signup for the group you have in effect got a registration system. Plus you've got everyone trained that this is how it works. Even if you build or use another system you are still going to have migrate everyone over. Just explaining that to everyone is going to be painful.
      >
      > I can help manage the database.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Jeff, the main complaint seems to be that posted messages are sometimes taking a few days to show up, and in some cases they don't show up at all. People don't like the present message forum or the database I've built to keep track of the games.
      > > Rob
      > > --- In BottosCon@..., "jeffchristensen66" <jeff.r.christensen@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Rob,
      > > >
      > > > What problems are people having with this site?

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic