2540Re: Games ASL - Wargames - Similar high strategy in depth gaming

  • Rick
      CR, I look forward to meeting you and talking in more detail at the Con. I live in Coquitlam (a bit of a hike from Richmond) but I play ASL and other complex/detailed wargames regularly every week. I have a large basement with several tables so I can leave games set up for as long as I like. I host ASL Fridays at my place every week and several other games on other days of the week. I'm sure we can find a time that works for both of us if you are interested.

      Rick

      --- In BottosCon@..., "Erthshielder" <erthshielder@...> wrote:

      > Hi all I have not done much here with this group. I used to live on Vancouver Island and the ASL group there is quite small. I like ASL significantly and was getting quite into it when I lived in Toronto. I completely lost touch with it and all the players however when I moved to the Island. Even in Toronto I was fairly "new" at the game though I did participate in one tournament. I REALLY would like to get back into the scene and start playing full time again. I work Wednesday to Saturday most weeks however which leaves my playtime quite limited especially when most people can only play on the weekend. I did get this weekend off however so I can now officially come to Bottos-Con woo BUT I would like to be "inserted" into some games if at all possible. I as noted would REALLY like some ASL games and would love to be in the tournament though I am pretty sure with how newbish and rusty I am I would be rather difficult to play with. If anyone out there is up for the task please feel free to get in touch with me. I also would love to have a regular weekly game if anyone wants to join me in Richmond, on Sunday or Mondays I have all day on both those days to play. I ONLY have the old set of rules at present however and would need to leach the new set off someone until Christmas when I expect to get one in my stocking :) If anyone has any other games they would like to play that are high strategy and heavy thinking I am all for it. I still have not enjoyed a game of the 1800 series railroad game and have heard those are quite good. Well here's to hoping on such short notice I can get in on some good gaming this weekend. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
      >
      > CR

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic