2749Re: [BottosCon] Hardcore Wargames

  • Bill Gustafson
      Hi All,

      Art sez:
      or the rare and forbidding Hube's Pocket (thought by many to be the best title in the series)
      Many who?  That thing is the densest, chewiest, brain-burningist, "oh my god there's no liney-ist", look at all those Russian guardsmen-ist, experience I've ever totally bailed on in all my life.

      Having Reluctant Enemies going as a training game next to the main event probably makes sense.

      I'm up for anything, but probably prefer OCS or SCS.  I don't think the Normandy SCS game will be out by then, right?

      I would like an August campaign start of Baltic Gap, so I can see what the German counterattack looks like, but I think some others have played that.  Is there a 10-turn scenario version of that?

      Can we have a 10 PM Kremlin game on Friday night?  That midnight Kremlin lasting til 4 AM is too much for me!

      Bill

      On 08/25/2014 08:30 PM, Mark Woloshen wrote:
      Art,

      I'm in for SCS or OCS - partial to SCS right now, but hey - I'm fickle! (I'm sure I'll be doing some Serbia 1914 with Mike Resch etc. )

      TTFN,
      Mark

      On Aug 25, 2014, at 5:50 PM, Charlie Sheppard <charlie.sheppard@...> wrote:

      OCS or SCS for me, with a moderate preference for OCS. Still too soon for me to contemplate another TCS I'm afraid. :/

      Charlie

      On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 4:11 PM, Art Brochet <art@...> wrote:
      Men!

      Step up and be counted!!

      Sent from my iPhone

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "'Gogomax49@...' gogomax49@... [BottosCon]" <BottosCon@...>
      Date: August 24, 2014, 12:19:10 PM PDT
      To: "BottosCon@..." <BottosCon@...>
      Subject: Re: [BottosCon] Hardcore Wargames

      Ah cripes, Art... I may be sucked in by any of these options...

      Jay

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 24, 2014, at 9:16 AM, "artbrochet@... [BottosCon]" <BottosCon@...> wrote:

      I'm torn between OCS, SCS and TCS again this year. So, for those interested in team or tag team play of some serious hex grid WWII games please weigh in on your preferences: OCS - the new starter game Reluctant Enemies, a reprise of Blitzkrieg Legend, or the rare and forbidding Hube's Pocket (thought by many to be the best title in the series) - with a 30% bigger map to provide finger room along the Dnepr. SCS - the new 2 front Mighty Endeavor beckons, but it IS the 100th anniversary of WWI, so there's that trio, or perhaps Fallschimjaeger? TCS - Leros, Bloody 110, or Screaming Eagles to keep it simple. Think it over; these are games most of us won't get to play outside a con while the morning long session of (fill in the blank) can be any weekend. Don't make me break out High Frontier Colonization. - Art

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic