2948Re: [BottosCon] Re: Hube's Plans - rules/options

  • Art Brochet
      Best news I've had all month!

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 5, 2014, at 9:08 AM, "Bill Gustafson billg@... [BottosCon]" <BottosCon@...> wrote:

      Things have settled down in my family life, so I will be attending.  1 HP with a side of RE still sounds reasonable to me, but we could try to make 2 HP games go.  I am happy to teach, or play, but I'm not sure I'm up to swinging one side by myself.

      See you on the train.

      Bill

      On 11/04/2014 05:23 PM, Art Brochet artbrochet@... [BottosCon] wrote:

      Oh yeah!  I thought I mentioned that already; can you see if you have the additional Soviet AT units for the 1 & 2 Ukrainian Fronts?

      This presumes that we'll have enough solid OCS experience to warrant a2nd copy.  With both Bill and Charlie looking a little tentative we might just settle for 1 HP with a side of Reluctant Enemies for those less familiar with the system.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 4, 2014, at 4:58 PM, Clayton Baisch <klaytonz@...> wrote:

      Hi Art, I was going through the OB for scenario 1 and found extra Anti-Tank and AG SS units in my game copy. After looking through the sources I find that these are from the 1999 Christmas replacement counters sheet. They add 1 or 2 extra battalions to each panzer division. Are we using those extra anti-tank units in this scenario?

      Clayton

      Subject: Hube's Plans - rules/options
      From: artbrochet@...
      Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 12:16:01 -0800
      CC: graham1@...
      To: billg@...; charlie.sheppard@...; robertkuhar@...; gogomax49@...; dsantonio@...; mwoloshen@...; pmcqueen@...; klaytonz@...; BottosCon@...

      Gentlemen -

      For the upcoming weekend, we will be using the most recent version of the OCS rules - v4.1a (available here: www.gamersarchive.net/theGamers/archive/ocs.htm ) with the following series optionals:
      21.2 Proportional Strength
      21.7 Revised Rebuilds - easier, but limited hoarding
      21.9 Reactive Artillery
      21.10b Anti-Raider Rule - Shift-off

      Changes worth noting in 4.1a are:
      12.5e A fueled HQ can only throw fuel from a single location each phase.   This affects a a moving HQ, which must choose whether to throw fule from it starting hex or its ending hex.
      12.8e Breakout  - C) On the first turn a unit finds itself out of trace supply... the success chance is improved by a +1 DRM and transport points are also eligible to breakout.

      As a matter of common practice:
      13.7b Fog of War Option will be in effect - allowing tank corps or panzer divisions to "hide" by replacing them with their Formation marker on the map, under other units.

      We will also incorporate the latest Series rules errata and clarifications - attached.

      Hube's Pocket Variants in effect:< /div>
      All organic trucks begin the scenario loaded (in addition to the SPs) otherwise provided.

      Additional units in play (Clayton - bring 'em if ya got 'em)
      The additional Soviet AT Brigades for the 1 & 2 UkrainianFront (provided in the 1997 X-mas bonus counter sheet)
      The German organic AT units (provided in the 1999 and 2000 bonus counter sheets)

      Map clarifications:
      There are a host of difficult to identify forest hexes, as the symbol was not really a different color, just a variation in the graphic style.  My big ass map has new markin gs for this (and for the mountain borders too).
      There will be an additional single track railroad from off map through Zhitomir (48.34) to Berdichev (47.29) and Popelnya (54.29) paralleling the roads.  Just for historical chrome and to make the German's live even more miserable.

      That's it.  Again, if you have any huge heartache with these edicts, feel free to demur...  Next up are victory objectives and special incentives.

      - Art

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic