522Re: Up Front

  • D. Owsen
      I don't have anything against Combat Commander, but the one time I did play it, I just kept thinking, "I'd rather be playing Up Front or ASL." Agree that vehicles are not the strong point of Up Front, but at least they are an option. ;-)

      Tournament sounds good if we can get a few copies of the game together.

      Dan

      --- In BottosCon@..., "Rob" <ScouterRob@...> wrote:

      > And hey, if you like Up Front, you'll love Combat Commander :) Bryan Collars, designer of numerous Combat Commander scenarios has kindly offered to design some tournament scenarios for me to use at BottosCon.
      > Rob
      >
      > --- In BottosCon@..., "Andrew Nick" <andrew@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The vehicle rules in Up Front are ridiculously onerous for what little they
      > > add to a game whose focus is primarily infantry action. Anyone who is
      > > familiar with the game can give you a five-minute lowdown on what you need
      > > to know about vehicles for any given scenario (only half of which feature
      > > vehicles . ) prior to playing, and various in-game effects involving the
      > > vehicle can be handled by the experienced player.
      > >

      > > So far, interested in Up Front, we have:
      > >

      > > Duncan Rice
      > >
      > > Dan Owsen
      > >
      > > Colin Woo
      > >
      > > Andrew Nick