561RE: [BottosCon] Re: TDC

  • Jeff Newell

      lol

      Jeff

      From: BottosCon@... [mailto:BottosCon@...] On Behalf Of zebradano
      Sent: Friday, August 21, 2009 9:32 PM
      To: BottosCon@...
      Subject: [BottosCon] Re: TDC

      Just make sure Jeff isn't the British then, or you'll have to restart a few times when the gliders make crash landings... ;-)

      --- In BottosCon@..., Jeffrey Newell <jnewell68@...> wrote:

      > Play wiht the Ox and BUcks variant.  2 gliders land right on the
      bridge (like they did at Pegasus Bridge)

      > Jeff
      >
      > Jeffrey Newell
      >  206 409 6782
      >

      > ________________________________

      which version of the campaign we play.

      > My opponent and I think the Allied players might be trying too hard for
      the Arnhem Bridge historical route, when there are other ways across the Rhine. (Pontoon and Railroad Bridge).  There's also an option of using the ferry to reach the south side of the bridge.  (This is the ferry that was cut loose, further west along the Rhine, where the 1st Airborne eventually extracted themselves across the river.)

      > Good times, either way!
      >
      > Jay

      British
      > >>1st Airborne units to reach their historical position (i.e. a
      force
      > >>holds the north end of the Arnhem Bridge) in the crucial hours
      right
      > >>after the jump. Some complain that the rest of the campaign
      becomes
      > >>too difficult if the British aren't in this position. I'm not sure
      > >>if this is a vocal minority who is incorrect, or what.
      > >
      > >You know, the historical circumstances were a fairly low probability
      > >event. The likely result, looking at in hindsight, is that 1 Para
      > >Brigade grinds to a halt in the suburbs and nothing Allied makes it
      > >to the north end of the bridge. The victory conditions should reflect
      that.

      > >>If the opening turns really DO have a huge effect on the overall
      > >>campaign, and we do end up playing TDC there are three solutions
      we
      > >>could consider:

      > Yahoo! Canada Toolbar :Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your
      favourite sites. Download it now!

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic