This Hallowed Ground II

    Message 1 of 9 , 24 Oct, 2010
      Guys, got together with Brian Moore tyoday. He's helping to assemble the playtest kit. Given the cost involved to print out the 22x34 maps, we're only printing out the top 2 maps needed for the 1st Day's battle. The forces involved for the first day are as follows.

      Confederate:

      Hill's Corps
      Heth's Division - begins arriving at 8:30am.
      Pender's Division - begins arriving 10:15am.

      Ewell's Corps
      Rode's Division - begins arriving 12:45pm
      Early's Division - begins arriving 2:15pm.

      Union:
      Buford's Cavalry Division - begins on map.

      First Corps
      Wadsworth - begins on map.
      Robinson - begins arriving at 11:15am.
      Doubleday - begins arriving at 11:15am

      Eleventh Corps
      Barlow - begins arriving at 11:30am.
      Von Steinwehr - begins arriging at 12:45pm
      Schurz - begins arriving 11:15am.

      So to start off we can assign players as follows:
      Confederate:
      Archer's brigade/Heth's Division:
      Davis' brigade/Heth's Division:

      Union:
      Gamble's brigade/Buford's Division:
      Devin's Brigade/Buford's Division:

      I think it's important for all the players to be present when the game begins,even if they're sharing a command, so that everyone can then become familiar with the rules and mechanics of the game.

      As Clay was the first player to commit to the game, he will get first pick of his command of choice.

      Second choice will go to Art Brochet.

      Third choice will go to Mark Woloshen.

      Fourth choice to myself.

      Fifth choice to David Antonio.

      Given their history of playing against each other at numerous gaming conventions, I think Mark and Art should be required to be on different sides so we get a truly brother against brother experience, as opposed to an Oh Brother, why bother.
    • Jensen, Clay
      Message 2 of 9 , 25 Oct, 2010

        I’ll take Ewell. It’s always interesting to see what he can get away with by the end of the first day.    ;)

        Message 3 of 9 , 25 Oct, 2010
          Clay, I'm going to put you down as commanding Rode's division as well as being Ewell. Art, pick a command, Union or Confederate.

          Confederate:

          Hill's Corps
          Heth's Division - begins arriving at 8:30am.
          Pender's Division - begins arriving 10:15am.

          Ewell's Corps - Clay Jensen
          Rode's Division - begins arriving 12:45pm - Clay Jensen.

          Message 4 of 9 , 25 Oct, 2010

            Yep, anything is good for me so feel free to arrange and tweak as necessary.   J

            Message 5 of 9 , 25 Oct, 2010
              Confederate:

              Hill's Corps - Rob Bottos
              Heth's Division - begins arriving at 8:30am - Rob Bottos
              Pender's Division - begins arriving 10:15am.

              Ewell's Corps - Clay Jensen
              Rode's Division - begins arriving 12:45pm - Clay Jensen.
              Early's Division - begins arriving 2:15pm.

              Union:
              Buford's Cavalry Division - begins on map - Mark Woloshen.

              First Corps - Art Brochet
              Wadsworth - begins on map - Art Brochet.
              Robinson - begins arriving at 11:15am.
              Doubleday - begins arriving at 11:15am

              Eleventh Corps - Mark Woloshen
              Barlow - begins arriving at 11:30am.
              Von Steinwehr - begins arriging at 12:45pm
              Schurz - begins arriving 11:15am.

              So to start off we can assign players as follows:
              Confederate:
              Archer's brigade/Heth's Division:
              Davis' brigade/Heth's Division:

              Union:
              Gamble's brigade/Buford's Division:
              Devin's Brigade/Buford's Division:

              I think it's important for all the players to be present when the game
              begins,even if they're sharing a command, so that everyone can then become
              familiar with the rules and mechanics of the game.
            • stephen
              Message 6 of 9 , 26 Oct, 2010
                If you are still looking for players, I will be happy to take one of Buford's brigades at the start.

                pax, smn

                Message 7 of 9 , 27 Oct, 2010
                  Ok, have had interest from 2 more players for the game, Stephen Newberg, and Clayton Baisch. Stephen has requested to join the Union side, and to balance things out I'm making Clayton a Confederate.

                  Here is what I'm going to want from people.

                  First, I will forward the Line of Battle Rules to all interested parties. Please take some time to review these. If you've previously played RSS you'll pick this up pretty quickly.

                  For those who have never played this system or RSS, it's important that you're free for the opening part of the battle so you can get familiar with the concepts. This may involve sharing commands, and or working cooperatively. Once familiar, feel free to bow out, but please then be available when your command finally arrives on the field of battle.

                  Second, so as to get up and running as quickly as possible, I'll need help setting up the game so please arrive as close to 9am as possible.

                  I tentatively have room for 2 more players,and I'm going to reserve those spaces for Dave Antonio and Stephen Graham until I hear they're not interested.

                  We are only doing the opening day of the battle, as my sweat shop labour - aka Brian Moore, can only assemble so many counters in the short time we have available before convention.

                  Rob Bottos aka Not the Governor of Maine.

                  > Confederate:
                  >
                  > Hill's Corps - Rob Bottos
                  > Heth's Division - begins arriving at 8:30am - Rob Bottos
                  > Pender's Division - begins arriving 10:15am - Clayton Baisch.
                  >
                  > Ewell's Corps - Clay Jensen
                  > Rode's Division - begins arriving 12:45pm - Clay Jensen.
                  > Early's Division - begins arriving 2:15pm.
                  >
                  > Union:
                  > Buford's Cavalry Division - begins on map - Mark Woloshen/Stephen Newberg.
                  >
                  > First Corps - Art Brochet
                  > Wadsworth - begins on map - Art Brochet.
                  > Robinson - begins arriving at 11:15am.
                  > Doubleday - begins arriving at 11:15am
                  >
                  > Eleventh Corps - Mark Woloshen
                  > Barlow - begins arriving at 11:30am.
                  > Von Steinwehr - begins arriging at 12:45pm
                  > Schurz - begins arriving 11:15am.
                  >
                  > So to start off we can assign players as follows:
                  > Confederate:
                  > Archer's brigade/Heth's Division:
                  > Davis' brigade/Heth's Division:
                  >
                  > Union:
                  > Gamble's brigade/Buford's Division:
                  > Devin's Brigade/Buford's Division:
                  >
                  > I think it's important for all the players to be present when the game
                  > begins,even if they're sharing a command, so that everyone can then become
                  > familiar with the rules and mechanics of the game.

                • Stephen Graham
                  Message 8 of 9 , 27 Oct, 2010
                    At 09:49 AM 10/27/2010, you wrote:
                    >I tentatively have room for 2 more players,and I'm going to reserve
                    >those spaces for Dave Antonio and Stephen Graham until I hear
                    >they're not interested.

                    If you have another player interested, you can give away a spot for me.
                  • David Antonio
                    Message 9 of 9 , 27 Oct, 2010

                      I see I have already scared off someone. My reputation precedes me.

                      David

                      S*P*Q*R*