Re: [BottosCon] Europe Engulfed - who's playing who?

    Message 1 of 13 , 3 Nov, 2010
      Has it been decided who's playing who in Europe Engulfed?

      I'm an inexperienced player, but I learn quick, and I prefer quicker play.  I would love to get through as much of the game as possible over the course of the weekend.    Anyone else feel the same way?

      Jay
    • Jeffrey Newell
      Message 2 of 13 , 3 Nov, 2010
        You guys just talk REALLY slow when explaining the game to Jay.  The blocks will resemble building blocks to him so you should be fine.

        Jeff

        Jeffrey Newell
        206 409 6782

        Has it been decided who's playing who in Europe Engulfed?

        I'm an inexperienced player, but I learn quick, and I prefer quicker play.  I would love to get through as much of the game as possible over the course of the weekend.    Anyone else feel the same way?

        Jay
      • Michel Boucher
        Message 3 of 13 , 3 Nov, 2010
          On 3 Nov 2010 at 12:36, Jay White wrote:

          > I'm an inexperienced player, but I learn quick, and I prefer quicker
          > play.  I would love to get through as much of the game as possible over
          > the course of the weekend.    Anyone else feel the same way?

          Take the Soviet side. Chances are you will be finished before lunchtime :-)
        • Mat Carter
          Message 4 of 13 , 3 Nov, 2010
            There's a 3 part tutorial that's worth reading on bgg
            On page 2 of the ee files section by bignickel

            Andrews been driving this - we should think about which scenario would work best given the time constraints

            I'd prefer to take my time playing a shorter scenario well - rather than blow the 1 1/2 days on a tactical/rule blunder because we rushed

            Sent from my iPhone

            On 2010-11-03, at 12:36 PM, Jay White <gogomax49@...> wrote:

            Has it been decided who's playing who in Europe Engulfed?

            I'm an inexperienced player, but I learn quick, and I prefer quicker play.  I would love to get through as much of the game as possible over the course of the weekend.    Anyone else feel the same way?

            Jay

          • Rick Smith
            Message 5 of 13 , 3 Nov, 2010
              I am a new player as well.

              Rick
            • devin.gallant
              Message 6 of 13 , 6 Nov, 2010
                I think we should play the one map scenario which we should be able to do on saturday no problem...i would say its a good place to start without a lot of the chrome......and then sunday will be open to other games...

                thats my vote anyways.....of course, i can be swayed to other scenarios or the sat/sun combo if thats what others want to do

                as for who plays who....andrew told me there is one other experienced player so (i am not *super* experienced with it)...i guess he should be in the other game that i'm not in...

                --- In BottosCon@..., Jay White <gogomax49@...> wrote:

                > Has it been decided who's playing who in Europe Engulfed?
                >
                > I'm an inexperienced player, but I learn quick, and I prefer quicker play.
                > I would love to get through as much of the game as possible over the course
                > of the weekend. Anyone else feel the same way?
                >
                > Jay

              • Andrew Nick
                Message 7 of 13 , 7 Nov, 2010

                  I was mistaken about the “one other experienced player”.  Jay, Rick and Mat are novices, all.

                  Andrew

                  Message 8 of 13 , 7 Nov, 2010
                    Since it sounds like there's four of us, I'm okay with not playing EE and leaving it to you three.

                    Jay

                    --
                    www.gogomax49.com
                    http://draworbedrawn.blogspot.com/
                    Message 9 of 13 , 7 Nov, 2010
                      EE can be played with 2 or 3 players
                      We will have two copies of the game

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      Message 10 of 13 , 7 Nov, 2010
                        the scenario i proposed is for 2 players only so it makes sense to have 4 in two seperate games...it was the first sceanrio andrew and i tried and its not that bad to get into it

                        read the rules (and the scenario) but don't worry about all the exceptions, strategic warfare, supply rules and whatnot...this scenario leaves out a lot of stuff

                        Message 11 of 13 , 10 Nov, 2010
                          hey by the way what time are we starting on saturday? i can be there early if others also can....and if at least one is busy until noon (i think our original start time was around noon, correct me if i am wrong), then i am available to play something else early saturday

                          so what is our collective availability for saturday start time?

                          Message 12 of 13 , 10 Nov, 2010
                            I'll be getting there early but am scheduled to play war of the ring - which will probably run to 11 depending on when Jeff wants to start

                            Even if you and jay start early I'll check out a few turns to help me get upto speed quicker

                            If my situation changes I'll know on Friday

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            Message 13 of 13 , 10 Nov, 2010
                              I'm fine with starting noonish on Saturday. I'll
                              arrive a bit early and start setting things up.

                              Rick.