game quandry

    Message 1 of 12 , 13 Sep, 2011
      Guys, I'm in the process of to quote Duncan Rice, planning my BottosCon experience - as if I didn't have enough on my plate already. Here's what I have so far:

      1. Race for Berlin - Friday night with Brian Moore

      2. Fury of Dracula - Saturday night with Anthony, Michel, and myself and possibly Bruce.

      I'm either looking for 1 game to play all day on SAturday or a couple of smaller games throughout the day.

      1. None But Heroes: Antietam - this uses Dean's new Line of Battle rules.

      2. Somme 1918 - this is the sequel, but in actuality a prequel, to Marne 1918. If it's out in time I'd love to play a scenario from this game.

      3. Normandy '44 - 2 player game, but could be played with up to 4 players.

      4. Labyrinth - have only played this twice, and I like the game but don't have anyone to play it with.

      5. Twilight Struggle - always a fun convention game.

      6. Here I Stand - have played this with my friends a coupe of times this year, and if we played it, I'd suggest the tournament scenario so we can actually finnish the game. 3-5 players.

      7. Michel, I know we were supposed to play Fires of Midway last year. I've read the rules, but they have not stayed with me and I have yet to play the game. If you're up on the rules, I'm willing to give it a go.

      8. Men of Iron - I'd be up for either Men of Iron, or it's sequel, Infidel. There is a chance that Ralph Shelton, the games developer, will be at the convention this year, and have the playtest of the next game in the series, which is on the War of the Roses.
    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 12 , 13 Sep, 2011
        --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@...> wrote:

        > 1. None But Heroes: Antietam - this uses Dean's new Line of Battle rules.

        I have some inclination in this direction, but I really haven't made up my mind yet.
        Message 3 of 12 , 13 Sep, 2011
          Would it be possible to play Line of Battle with 4 players? I think two could start and two more could come in later.

          Rob, I'd be up for a game of Labyrinth any time. It's a fantastic game one you get the hang of it. The first 3-4 games I was skeptical, but now I'm hooked!

          Jay

          --
          www.gogomax49.com
          http://draworbedrawn.blogspot.com/
          Message 4 of 12 , 13 Sep, 2011
            If anyone is interested in cracking some beer late at night on Saturday and playing Dominant Species, let me know. I'd be up for some beer-and-mindless-backstabby-gaming by that point.

            Jay

            Message 5 of 12 , 13 Sep, 2011
              Jay, I was thinking along the lines of the Cornfield scenario and not the whole campaign game so I'm not sure if that would work for 4 players.

              Two other games I'm also thinking about:

              1. Rising Sun, Setting Sun - this is Stephen's game on the Russo Japanese War at sea. I'm willing to give it a test run for Stephen if someone else also wants to play it.

              2. Fortress Berlin - this was a great game put out in Against the Odds. I'd like to play the On to Berlin variant as it is only 10 turns.

              Message 6 of 12 , 13 Sep, 2011
                I'd be up for a game of Empire of the Sun against a not-expert opponent who knows the rules on Saturday. Anyone?

                Jay

                --
                www.gogomax49.com
                http://draworbedrawn.blogspot.com/
              • Jeff Newell
                Message 7 of 12 , 13 Sep, 2011

                  Jay, ask for a pink pony too while you’re at it.

                  Jeff

                  Message 8 of 12 , 13 Sep, 2011
                    Can I have a pink pony too?

                    Message 9 of 12 , 13 Sep, 2011
                      Jay, you'll have to go next door and see the furries if you want a pink pony. Just remember to check for an adams apple ;)

                      --- In BottosCon@..., Jay White <gogomax49@...> wrote:

                      > Can I have a pink pony too?

                    • anthonysantiag0
                      Message 10 of 12 , 14 Sep, 2011
                        I'd be into trying it...the game not the beer.

                        --- In BottosCon@..., Jay White <gogomax49@...> wrote:

                        > If anyone is interested in cracking some beer late at night on Saturday and
                        > playing Dominant Species, let me know. I'd be up for some
                        > beer-and-mindless-backstabby-gaming by that point.
                        >
                        > Jay
                        >
                        > On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Jay White <gogomax49@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Would it be possible to play Line of Battle with 4 players? I think two
                        > > could start and two more could come in later.
                        > >
                        > > Rob, I'd be up for a game of Labyrinth any time. It's a fantastic game one
                        > > you get the hang of it. The first 3-4 games I was skeptical, but now I'm
                        > > hooked!
                        > >
                        > > Jay
                        > >
                        > > On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 9:11 PM, Stephen <graham1@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > >> **

                        > >> rules.
                        > >>
                        > >> I have some inclination in this direction, but I really haven't made up my
                        > >> mind yet.
                        > >>

                        > > --
                        > > www.gogomax49.com
                        > > http://draworbedrawn.blogspot.com/
                        > >

                        > --
                        > www.gogomax49.com
                        > http://draworbedrawn.blogspot.com/

                      • stephen
                        Message 11 of 12 , 14 Sep, 2011
                          I would like to try that one too. DOMINANT SPECIES, that is, not the beer...

                          pax, smn

                          --- In BottosCon@..., "anthonysantiag0" <papasango@...> wrote:

                          > I'd be into trying it...the game not the beer.
                          >
                          > --- In BottosCon@..., Jay White <gogomax49@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > If anyone is interested in cracking some beer late at night on Saturday and
                          > > playing Dominant Species, let me know. I'd be up for some
                          > > beer-and-mindless-backstabby-gaming by that point.
                          > >
                          > > Jay
                          > >
                          > > On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Jay White <gogomax49@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > > Would it be possible to play Line of Battle with 4 players? I think two
                          > > > could start and two more could come in later.
                          > > >
                          > > > Rob, I'd be up for a game of Labyrinth any time. It's a fantastic game one
                          > > > you get the hang of it. The first 3-4 games I was skeptical, but now I'm
                          > > > hooked!
                          > > >
                          > > > Jay

                          > > > --
                          > > > www.gogomax49.com
                          > > > http://draworbedrawn.blogspot.com/
                          > > >

                          > > --
                          > > www.gogomax49.com
                          > > http://draworbedrawn.blogspot.com/

                        • Doug Cooley
                          Message 12 of 12 , 14 Sep, 2011

                            On Sep 13, 2011, at 9:40 PM, Jay White wrote:

                            If anyone is interested in cracking some beer late at night on Saturday and playing Dominant Species, let me know. I'd be up for some beer-and-mindless-backstabby-gaming by that point.

                            Count me in. For both beer and game.

                            Doug C