A Distant Plain with Brian Train

    Message 1 of 17 , 5 Sep, 2012
      Guys, as you know Brian Traion will be at BottosCon this year running a demo of GMT's A Distant Plain. Brian and I are lining up time blocks for this game. Currently there is a game scheduled for Friday night from 7-midnight, and one on Saturday from 7pm to midnight. THe game can accomadate up to 4 players. The following people have expressed interest in the game. I'm listing people in the order they responded.

      1.Jay White
      2.Martin Hogan
      3.Roger Leroux
      4.Stephen Newberg
      5.Ralph Shelton
      6.Michel Boucher
      7.Andrew Laws
      8.Wilhelm Fitzpatrick

      If there is more interest, Brian may add another time block and I will make a list of interested parties. If you're nolonger interested in the game please let me know.

      Message 2 of 17 , 6 Sep, 2012
        I'm still in - I forgot about this. I playtested Cuba Libre (played 4-5 times) and would love to help out with this one.

        If we're going to play 7-midnight and actually finish the game, I think the players should read the rules beforehand.

        Jay

        On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 9:38 PM, robinkorea2002 <scouterrob@...> wrote:

[...]

        www.gogomax49.com
        http://draworbedrawn.blogspot.com/
      • andrewlawsvancouver
        Message 3 of 17 , 6 Sep, 2012
          I'm definitely confirmed for this.

          I'll have played a couple of playtest games of ADP before the convention, and I too recommend new players reading the rules beforehand..

          --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@...> wrote:

          > Guys, as you know Brian Traion will be at BottosCon this year running a demo of GMT's A Distant Plain. Brian and I are lining up time blocks for this game. Currently there is a game scheduled for Friday night from 7-midnight, and one on Saturday from 7pm to midnight. THe game can accomadate up to 4 players. The following people have expressed interest in the game. I'm listing people in the order they responded.
          >
          > 1.Jay White
          > 2.Martin Hogan
          > 3.Roger Leroux
          > 4.Stephen Newberg
          > 5.Ralph Shelton
          > 6.Michel Boucher
          > 7.Andrew Laws
          > 8.Wilhelm Fitzpatrick
          >
          > If there is more interest, Brian may add another time block and I will make a list of interested parties. If you're nolonger interested in the game please let me know.
          >
          > Rob

        • Michel Boucher
          Message 4 of 17 , 6 Sep, 2012
            On 6 Sep 2012 at 4:38, robinkorea2002 wrote:

            > Guys, as you know Brian Traion will be at BottosCon this year running
            > a demo of GMT's A Distant Plain. Brian and I are lining up time blocks
            > for this game. Currently there is a game scheduled for Friday night
            > from 7-midnight, and one on Saturday from 7pm to midnight. THe game
            > can accomadate up to 4 players. The following people have expressed
            > interest in the game. I'm listing people in the order they responded.

            I'm in, although it will go past my bedtime ;-)
            Message 5 of 17 , 19 Sep, 2012
              Guys, due to family commitments Martin Hogan has had to bow out of the A Distant Plain playtest on Friday night with Brian Train. We have an opening in this time slot and I'll give it to the first person who is interested in getting in on this game. Brian Train will send you the rules privately so you can be familiar with the game prior to the convention.

              Rob Bottos
            • Cavan Cunningham
              Message 6 of 17 , 19 Sep, 2012
                I'd be interested. Would have to drop out of something but really eager to see this one play out.
                Cavan

                Sent from Cavan's phone.

                Message 7 of 17 , 19 Sep, 2012
                  Cavan, consider yourself in the Friday night time slot. I'll forward your e-mail address to Brian Train so he can send you the rules you'll need to look over.
                  Rob

                  --- In BottosCon@..., Cavan Cunningham <cavan_patrick@...> wrote:

                  > I'd be interested. Would have to drop out of something but really eager to see this one play out.
                  > Cavan
                  >
                  > Sent from Cavan's phone.
                  >
                  > On 2012-09-19, at 6:13 PM, "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Guys, due to family commitments Martin Hogan has had to bow out of the A Distant Plain playtest on Friday night with Brian Train. We have an opening in this time slot and I'll give it to the first person who is interested in getting in on this game. Brian Train will send you the rules privately so you can be familiar with the game prior to the convention.
                  > >
                  > > Rob Bottos

                • Wilhelm
                  Message 8 of 17 , 19 Sep, 2012
                    I'm definitely in. I assume I'm in the Friday line up? That's what I was angling for.
                  • Andrew Laws
                    Message 9 of 17 , 19 Sep, 2012
                      I also had assumed that I was in for the Friday night slot, unaware that there was any other…

                      Message 10 of 17 , 19 Sep, 2012
                        I hoped to be a part of the Friday night session as well.

                        Jay

                        Message 11 of 17 , 19 Sep, 2012
                          Everyone, my bad, I misread my own darn database. Martin Hogan was in the Saturday group for A Distant Plsin, not Friday night. So Jay, Wilhelm, Doug, and I can't remember who was the 4th you're all still good.

                          Cavan, please let me know if you still want in on the game exceot it is on Saturday.

                          Sorry for the confusion.
                          Rob
                          --- In BottosCon@..., Jay White <gogomax49@...> wrote:

                          > I hoped to be a part of the Friday night session as well.
                          >
                          > Jay
                          >
                          > On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 6:27 PM, robinkorea2002 <scouterrob@...>wrote:
                          >
                          > > **
                          > >

                          > > Cavan, consider yourself in the Friday night time slot. I'll forward your
                          > > e-mail address to Brian Train so he can send you the rules you'll need to
                          > > look over.
                          > > Rob
                          > >
                          > > --- In BottosCon@..., Cavan Cunningham <cavan_patrick@>
                          > > wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > I'd be interested. Would have to drop out of something but really eager
                          > > to see this one play out.
                          > > > Cavan
                          > > >
                          > > > Sent from Cavan's phone.

                          > > A Distant Plain playtest on Friday night with Brian Train. We have an
                          > > opening in this time slot and I'll give it to the first person who is
                          > > interested in getting in on this game. Brian Train will send you the rules
                          > > privately so you can be familiar with the game prior to the convention.

                          > --
                          > www.gogomax49.com
                          > http://draworbedrawn.blogspot.com/

                        • cavan_patrick
                          Message 12 of 17 , 19 Sep, 2012
                            I can't remember what time it would start on Saturday. If this class goes that I'm supposed to be teaching I'll be busy until 4pm. So. As long as I it isn't before that time, I'm in.
                            cavan

                            Message 13 of 17 , 19 Sep, 2012
                              Cavan, Saturday's session starts at 7pm.
                              Rob

                              Message 14 of 17 , 20 Sep, 2012
                                7pm sounds doable. Thx.

                                Sent from Cavan's phone.

                                Message 15 of 17 , 20 Sep, 2012
                                  Andrew, are you ok with the Saturday night time slot for A Distant Plain? If not we can see if one of the other 7 guys would like to change. Initially I did not know if Brian would run everything on Friday, and after talking with Brian and passing along the list of interested parties he opted to run 2 seperate sessions instead of two games at the same time. Also, it may be a question of only having components for one session at a time.
                                  Rob

                                  Message 16 of 17 , 20 Sep, 2012
                                    What time is the slot on Saturday? Friday would be ideal for me as I'm down to play gunslinger on Saturday.

                                    Message 17 of 17 , 20 Sep, 2012
                                      Andrew, the two time slots currently for A Distant Plain are Friday night from 1900-2400, and Saturday night from 1900-2400. I'm talking to Brian Train to see if we can set up a third time slot, but for now this is what we have.