Federation Commander Update.

  • rickwcan
    Message 1 of 6 , 6 Sep, 2012
      Federation Commander will start at 12 noon on Friday. I was counting on West Coast Rumble (ASL) being Saturday and Sunday only like last year but it looks like it's starting Friday night at 7PM this year. So I will need to finish up Federation Commander at 6PM so I can play in the West Coast Rumble at 7PM. If other players wish to continue FedCom after 6PM, I don't mind you continuing to use my stuff.
    • zebradano
      Message 2 of 6 , 7 Sep, 2012
        Cool, Rick!

        So this means I need to get there bright and early on Friday. ;-)

        Will Up Front still be Friday night?

        Still looking for interest in these for Sat or Sun:

        Bloody April-- GMT new WW1 air game
        Ardennes 44-- Second edtion of this Bulge game
        Any Musket & Pike-- Maybe Saints in Armor will be out?
        Any GBoH, SPQR or Deluxe Alex--Anything!

        Dan

      • duncanr@telus.net
        Message 3 of 6 , 7 Sep, 2012
          How complicated is SPQR? I have a copy but it's in the shrink still. If I can learn it before the con I could offer you a game on Sunday.

          Duncan

          On Sep 7, 2012, zebradano <zebradano@...> wrote:

          Cool, Rick!

          So this means I need to get there bright and early on Friday. ;-)

          Will Up Front still be Friday night?

          Still looking for interest in these for Sat or Sun:

          Bloody April-- GMT new WW1 air game
          Ardennes 44-- Second edtion of this Bulge game
          Any Musket & Pike-- Maybe Saints in Armor will be out?
          Any GBoH, SPQR or Deluxe Alex--Anything!

          Dan

          --- In BottosCon@..., "rickwcan" <rickwcan@...> wrote:

          > Federation Commander will start at 12 noon on Friday. I was counting on West Coast Rumble (ASL) being Saturday and Sunday only like last year but it looks like it's starting Friday night at 7PM this year. So I will need to finish up Federation Commander at 6PM so I can play in the West Coast Rumble at 7PM. If other players wish to continue FedCom after 6PM, I don't mind you continuing to use my stuff.

        • Dan Owsen
          Message 4 of 6 , 7 Sep, 2012
            Hi Duncan,

            It's a step up from something like Men of Iron/Infidel, and I'd rate it of mid-complexity for a tactical ancients game.  Of the three, I think SPQR has a bit more complexity because of the way the Roman armies work.

            There is a Simple GBOH ruleset, but I don't have it and prefer playing full rules. Plus I'm not sure if the simple rules work with SPQR off hand.  As far as I know, the simple ruleset just takes out some of the routing rules and maybe a few other things.

            Anyway, I'd like to give it a play if you're up for it.  I've played a few times (though it's been a while) and can probably get a few games in before Bottos, so I should be up on the rules.

            Dan

            --- In mailto:BottosCon%40yahoogroups.ca, "rickwcan" <rickwcan@...> wrote:

            > Federation Commander will start at 12 noon on Friday. I was counting on West Coast Rumble (ASL) being Saturday and Sunday only like last year but it looks like it's starting Friday night at 7PM this year. So I will need to finish up Federation Commander at 6PM so I can play in the West Coast Rumble at 7PM. If other players wish to continue FedCom after 6PM, I don't mind you continuing to use my stuff.

          • duncanr@telus.net

              How complicated is SPQR? I have a copy but it's in the shrink still. If I can learn it before the con I could offer you a game on Sunday.

              Duncan

              On Sep 7, 2012, zebradano <zebradano@...> wrote:

              Cool, Rick!

              So this means I need to get there bright and early on Friday. ;-)

              Will Up Front still be Friday night?

              Still looking for interest in these for Sat or Sun:

              Bloody April-- GMT new WW1 air game
              Ardennes 44-- Second edtion of this Bulge game
              Any Musket & Pike-- Maybe Saints in Armor will be out?
              Any GBoH, SPQR or Deluxe Alex--Anything!

              Dan

              --- In mailto:BottosCon%40yahoogroups.ca, "rickwcan" <rickwcan@...> wrote:

              > Federation Commander will start at 12 noon on Friday. I was counting on West Coast Rumble (ASL) being Saturday and Sunday only like last year but it looks like it's starting Friday night at 7PM this year. So I will need to finish up Federation Commander at 6PM so I can play in the West Coast Rumble at 7PM. If other players wish to continue FedCom after 6PM, I don't mind you continuing to use my stuff.

            • Doug Cooley