Combat Commander

    Message 1 of 29 , 7 Sep, 2012
      Guys, looking to see if there are any interested parties in playing Combat Commander at BottosCon on either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Scenarios to be played are from an as of yet unnanounced battlepack that GMT has cleared for demonstration at Conventions. BottosCon will be their convention debut.
      Rob
    • Doug Cooley
      Message 2 of 29 , 7 Sep, 2012
        I am interested, but schedule is filling up.

        Have you considered an online scheduling system? Id be happy to ask the gamestorm folks what systems are out there at this scale. And yeah, I know that their systems haven't been that good, but they tend to get overwhelmed because of scale. Over 250 events!

        Doug

        On Sep 7, 2012, at 10:46, "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@...> wrote:

        Guys, looking to see if there are any interested parties in playing Combat Commander at BottosCon on either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Scenarios to be played are from an as of yet unnanounced battlepack that GMT has cleared for demonstration at Conventions. BottosCon will be their convention debut.
        Rob

      • Stephen Graham
        Message 3 of 29 , 7 Sep, 2012
          On Fri Sep 7 19:25 , Doug Cooley <doug666@...> sent:

          >Have you considered an online scheduling system? Id be happy to ask the
          gamestorm folks what systems are out there at this scale. And yeah, I know that
          their systems haven't been that good, but they tend to get overwhelmed because of
          scale. Over 250 events!

          I don't think an on-line system is necessary at this scale. I'm familiar with
          both the GameStorm and Dragonflight systems and both ultimately boil down to
          humans doing the work to block out event times and requests. Rob's also pretty
          familiar with the Dragonflight system.

          Down the line, there's possibilities in Google Calendar.

          Stephen G.
          Message 4 of 29 , 8 Sep, 2012
            Doug, right now things are pretty simple and manageable. People can add their games to the database and as I get closer to convention I firm up the schedule and do the table assignments. Stephen is right regarding Dragonflight. Even with their online event registration, it still comes down to a real person going through all the submissions and figuring out how to arrange all the games in the space available. I originally considered just letting people grab tables as they arrived but it offended my need for order and I wanted to have something that prospective attendees could look at to see if something caught their eye. While my present system is a tad arcane, I think it does a good job of showing what will be played at the convention.

            Rob

            --- In BottosCon@..., Stephen Graham <graham1@...> wrote:

            > On Fri Sep 7 19:25 , Doug Cooley <doug666@...> sent:
            >
            > >Have you considered an online scheduling system? Id be happy to ask the
            > gamestorm folks what systems are out there at this scale. And yeah, I know that
            > their systems haven't been that good, but they tend to get overwhelmed because of
            > scale. Over 250 events!
            >
            > I don't think an on-line system is necessary at this scale. I'm familiar with
            > both the GameStorm and Dragonflight systems and both ultimately boil down to
            > humans doing the work to block out event times and requests. Rob's also pretty
            > familiar with the Dragonflight system.
            >
            > Down the line, there's possibilities in Google Calendar.
            >
            > Stephen G.

          • andrewlawsvancouver
            Message 5 of 29 , 10 Sep, 2012
              Chaps,

              I will be the one organising the playtest of the new scenarios at Bottoscon'12. I just want to emphasise that these are not drawn from the battlepack currently on P500 and will in some cases be played in anger for the first time ever at the convention.

              Any questions (except the subject matter) fire away..

              Andrew

              Message 6 of 29 , 10 Sep, 2012
                Does it have tanks :-)
                Rob
                --- In BottosCon@..., "andrewlawsvancouver" <andrewlaws.vancouver@...> wrote:

                > Chaps,
                >
                > I will be the one organising the playtest of the new scenarios at Bottoscon'12. I just want to emphasise that these are not drawn from the battlepack currently on P500 and will in some cases be played in anger for the first time ever at the convention.
                >
                > Any questions (except the subject matter) fire away..
                >
                > Andrew
                >
                > --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Guys, looking to see if there are any interested parties in playing Combat Commander at BottosCon on either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Scenarios to be played are from an as of yet unnanounced battlepack that GMT has cleared for demonstration at Conventions. BottosCon will be their convention debut.
                > > Rob

              • andrewlawsvancouver
                Message 7 of 29 , 10 Sep, 2012
                  No, but it has anti-aircraft guns, a prison break, and a scenario set in the midst of a bombing raid.

                  Who needs tanks?

                  --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@...> wrote:

                  > Does it have tanks :-)
                  > Rob
                  > --- In BottosCon@..., "andrewlawsvancouver" <andrewlaws.vancouver@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Chaps,
                  > >
                  > > I will be the one organising the playtest of the new scenarios at Bottoscon'12. I just want to emphasise that these are not drawn from the battlepack currently on P500 and will in some cases be played in anger for the first time ever at the convention.
                  > >
                  > > Any questions (except the subject matter) fire away..
                  > >
                  > > Andrew
                  > >
                  > > --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Guys, looking to see if there are any interested parties in playing Combat Commander at BottosCon on either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Scenarios to be played are from an as of yet unnanounced battlepack that GMT has cleared for demonstration at Conventions. BottosCon will be their convention debut.
                  > > > Rob

                • Robert Kuhar
                  Message 8 of 29 , 10 Sep, 2012
                    Conflict of Heros has Tanks, which get destroyed, and leave smoking hulks that infantry can cower behind in fear....who's in?

                    On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:34 PM, robinkorea2002 <scouterrob@...> wrote:

                    Does it have tanks :-)
                    Rob

                    --- In BottosCon@..., "andrewlawsvancouver" <andrewlaws.vancouver@...> wrote:

                    > Chaps,
                    >
                    > I will be the one organising the playtest of the new scenarios at Bottoscon'12. I just want to emphasise that these are not drawn from the battlepack currently on P500 and will in some cases be played in anger for the first time ever at the convention.
                    >
                    > Any questions (except the subject matter) fire away..
                    >
                    > Andrew
                    >
                    > --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Guys, looking to see if there are any interested parties in playing Combat Commander at BottosCon on either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Scenarios to be played are from an as of yet unnanounced battlepack that GMT has cleared for demonstration at Conventions. BottosCon will be their convention debut.
                    > > Rob

                  • DanC
                    Message 9 of 29 , 10 Sep, 2012
                      I am. Heck, it also has airplanes and cavalry. :)

                      Message 10 of 29 , 10 Sep, 2012
                        Robert, I've added Conflict of Heros to the game database. Please let me know what day you and Dan settle on to play the game.
                        Rob

                        --- In BottosCon@..., Robert Kuhar <robertkuhar@...> wrote:

                        > Conflict of Heros has Tanks, which get destroyed, and leave smoking hulks
                        > that infantry can cower behind in fear....who's in?
                        >
                        > On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:34 PM, robinkorea2002 <scouterrob@...>wrote:
                        >
                        > > **
                        > >

                        > > Does it have tanks :-)
                        > > Rob
                        > >
                        > > --- In BottosCon@..., "andrewlawsvancouver"
                        > > <andrewlaws.vancouver@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Chaps,
                        > > >
                        > > > I will be the one organising the playtest of the new scenarios at
                        > > Bottoscon'12. I just want to emphasise that these are not drawn from the
                        > > battlepack currently on P500 and will in some cases be played in anger for
                        > > the first time ever at the convention.
                        > > >
                        > > > Any questions (except the subject matter) fire away..
                        > > >
                        > > > Andrew

                        > > Combat Commander at BottosCon on either Friday afternoon or Saturday
                        > > morning. Scenarios to be played are from an as of yet unnanounced
                        > > battlepack that GMT has cleared for demonstration at Conventions. BottosCon
                        > > will be their convention debut.

                      • Robert Kuhar
                        Message 11 of 29 , 11 Sep, 2012
                          Hello Dan and Rob,

                          This will be my first ever BottosCon, so I may be a little sluggish with the logistics of it all.  I'm coming in from Seattle hoping to arrive at the con early Friday afternoon.

                          I'll play Conflict of Heros any time, any where.  Can I get a table for a Friday evening session?  Most games of CoH take about 2 hours.  Do you have the Con sliced up into well defined slots or is it pretty much free form?  If I can muster 4, 6, or 8 people, there is a ""Chercasskoye Firefight Campaign" scenario customized for Convention play:  http://academy-games.com/images/stories/downloads/cherkasskoye-v3.zip .  If we don't get the people there are numerous scenarios that work well with just 2.

                          Bob

                          Message 12 of 29 , 11 Sep, 2012
                            Dan, I do post a games schedule along with time blocks, mostly so people know what is being played and where. The other reason for the schedule is to avoid having unplayed or completed games taking up needed table space. I'll typically do 4 hour time blocks.
                            Rob

                          • DanC
                            Message 13 of 29 , 11 Sep, 2012
                              Bob,

                              Friday evening sounds good. I agree if we can get 6 or 8, let's go for the Chercasskoye Firefight Campaign. I've printed out a copy of it and will bring it. If we don't get that many, there are still a number of 3 and 4 player scenarios we can play, as well as many good 2 player scenarios.

                              Rob,

                              Go ahead and put Conflict of Heroes down for Friday evening.

                              Thanks,

                              Dan C.
                              Seattle

                            • David Sullivan
                              Message 14 of 29 , 18 Aug, 2013
                                Is there much interest in playing Academy Games' Conflict of Heroes at Bottoscon? I'm not holding my breath for the Guadalcanal game to appear before November, but I've got the first three games in the series, plus all the extras.

                                I haven't registered or booked a hotel room yet, but I'm abut 90% certain I'll go (my first time) and I'm lining up what I'd like to play:

                                -  Lock 'n' Load's World at War series

                                - Lock 'n' Load's Nations at War series (the Desert Heat extension is due out this month!)

                                - GMT's Musket & Pike (Saints in Armor, Nothing Gained but Glory)

                                - GMT's Men of iron series

                                - GMT's GBoH (Chariots of Fire)

                                Regards,
                                David
                              • Lester Marshall
                                Message 15 of 29 , 18 Aug, 2013
                                  Trying to fill up slots fast.

                                  Pretty sure you would find someone to play Musket & Pike. Think I'm playing with Dan Owsen already but, Ralph Shelton is a major M&P whore and he'll be there.

                                  I could probably slip in time for a World at War scenario and there will likely be a few other folks there who will play.

                                  Les Marshall
                                • Wilhelm
                                  Message 16 of 29 , 19 Aug, 2013
                                    --- In BottosCon@..., David Sullivan <ds.sullivan@...> wrote:

                                    > Is there much interest in playing Academy Games' Conflict of Heroes at
                                    > Bottoscon?

                                    I'm a Conflict of Heroes fan, so I'd welcome a chance to play that.

                                    -wilhelm
                                  • David Sullivan
                                    Message 17 of 29 , 19 Aug, 2013
                                      Excellent. I'll bring my CoH games.

                                      Sent from my iPad

                                      On Aug 19, 2013, at 12:55 PM, "Wilhelm" <rafial@...> wrote:

                                      --- In BottosCon@..., David Sullivan <ds.sullivan@...> wrote:

                                      > Is there much interest in playing Academy Games' Conflict of Heroes at
                                      > Bottoscon?

                                      I'm a Conflict of Heroes fan, so I'd welcome a chance to play that.

                                      -wilhelm

                                    • Roger Leroux
                                      Message 18 of 29 , 27 Aug, 2014
                                        There was a lot of Combat Commander played on Sunday morning last year. Let's do it again.
                                      • seattlekcd
                                        Message 19 of 29 , 4 Sep, 2014
                                          I'd be up for Sunday morning Combat Commander.

                                          KC
                                          Message 20 of 29 , 4 Sep, 2014
                                            KC, what do your initials stand for?
                                            Rob
                                          • seattlekcd
                                            Message 21 of 29 , 6 Sep, 2014
                                              KC, Kevin Charles (Deitrick)
                                              Sorry for any confusion.
                                              Message 22 of 29 , 6 Sep, 2014
                                                Thanks Kevin.
                                              • Lester Marshall
                                                Message 23 of 29 , 10 Sep, 2014
                                                  I would also be interested in Sunday morning CC

                                                  Les

                                                  On Saturday, September 6, 2014 9:07 AM, "scouterrob@... [BottosCon]" <BottosCon@...> wrote:

                                                  Thanks Kevin.

                                                  Message 24 of 29 , 10 Sep, 2014
                                                    Les,
                                                    I’ll play C&C Ancients with you Sunday morning if you like.

                                                    Duncan

                                                    Message 25 of 29 , 10 Sep, 2014
                                                      I think we had 8 players for Combat Commander on Sunday last year. I could just play that game all day long.

                                                      Roger
                                                      Sent from my iPhone - please blame autocorrect

                                                      Message 26 of 29 , 10 Sep, 2014
                                                        Oops. Thought CC stood for C&C
                                                        Ignore my last email.

                                                        Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:54 PM

                                                        Message 27 of 29 , 10 Sep, 2014
                                                          Led, I could be talked into a rematch if needed on Sunday morning if I can't get anyone to p!at Into the Bastards.
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , 11 Sep, 2014
                                                            If no one bites on my Sunday games in the next few days I’ll commit to Into the Bastards.

                                                            Duncan

                                                            Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:26 PM

                                                            Led, I could be talked into a rematch if needed on Sunday morning if I can't get anyone to p!at Into the Bastards.

                                                          • rulesjd17
                                                            Message 29 of 29 , 11 Sep, 2014
                                                              Bring it Bottos