Playable games added.

  • cavan_patrick
    Message 1 of 4 , 8 Sep, 2012
      Thought I'd add some more:
      Labyrinth
      Twilight Struggle
      Ardennes '44 or Normandy '44
      I have WED but not played yet.
      Doesn't seem to be many LnL players.
      I'd be interested in creating another Virgin Queen table, although I haven't played it yet. Merely read the rules.
      Would love to try one of the COIN games, but again, my experience is based on the rules & video demos.

      To be honest. I'm a bit intimidated by the calibre of game play experience expected. I've only returned to the hobby a year & a half ago, and while many of the games intrigue me, I don't want to join a table where I'd impede the pace of game play.

      Also, a question about scheduling. I noticed the database/schedule, and I may not make the sat am period due to work, so was wondering whether I post a change here or go ahead & add/remove my name from the database. What's the protocol?
      Thx
      cavan
      Message 2 of 4 , 8 Sep, 2012
        Cavan, please don't let yourself be intimidated out of getting into a game you want to try. First and foremost, BottosCon is about bringing people together to play games and encourage new people to participate in or rejoin the hobby. I would say that as long as you familiarize yourself with the rules and are not the kind of guy who waits till his turn to figure out what to do with your cards you should be fine.

        Which game were you wanting me to remove your name from?

        I know Dan Owsen is looking for someone to play Ardennes '44 with and I can say with a certainty that he is a great guy to game with.

        Rob

        --- In BottosCon@..., "cavan_patrick" <cavan_patrick@...> wrote:

        > Thought I'd add some more:
        > Labyrinth
        > Twilight Struggle
        > Ardennes '44 or Normandy '44
        > I have WED but not played yet.
        > Doesn't seem to be many LnL players.
        > I'd be interested in creating another Virgin Queen table, although I haven't played it yet. Merely read the rules.
        > Would love to try one of the COIN games, but again, my experience is based on the rules & video demos.
        >
        > To be honest. I'm a bit intimidated by the calibre of game play experience expected. I've only returned to the hobby a year & a half ago, and while many of the games intrigue me, I don't want to join a table where I'd impede the pace of game play.
        >
        > Also, a question about scheduling. I noticed the database/schedule, and I may not make the sat am period due to work, so was wondering whether I post a change here or go ahead & add/remove my name from the database. What's the protocol?
        > Thx
        > cavan

      • revnye
        Message 3 of 4 , 8 Sep, 2012
          Don't fret, Cavan. You would be hard pressed to be slower than Bottos!

          Message 4 of 4 , 8 Sep, 2012
            Sure, instead of reassuring the guy, you blatantly trash the convention director. I see how you are Shelton.....