Thunderbirds at War

    Message 1 of 4 , 15 Sep, 2012
      Guys, fellow BottosCon attendee Michel Boucher has a game slated to be published in Paper Wars and if there is interest we can arrange a demo with an advanced copy provided by Compass Games.

      THUNDERBIRDS AT WAR is a solitaire game based on the operational diaries of RCAF 426 Sq. during its first five months of night operations from January to June 1943. The game recreates events without excessive technical considerations and favors storytelling.  The player chooses his crew, allocates points representing pilot/crew abilities, and, having assessed his strengths and weaknesses, chooses his flight path to the target. Tables and tracks printed on the map sheet provide quick access to information needed and action outcomes. Random events are revealed during flight as are encounters with Luftwaffe and Flak. The player is called upon to make life and death decisions every step of the way, in short, managing mayhem. Nothing in the game is scripted. Most missions play in five to 15 minutes. It is as close as you can get to flying over the Ruhr in a Wellington without climbing into a cockpit. Game design by Michel Boucher.

      http://CompassGames.com/show/magazine
      Message 2 of 4 , 15 Sep, 2012
        Depending on the time I would be interested.

        Duncan

        Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2012 12:56 PM
        Subject: [BottosCon] Thunderbirds at War

[...]

      • Michel Boucher
        Message 3 of 4 , 15 Sep, 2012
          On 15 Sep 2012 at 13:11, Duncan Rice wrote:

          > Depending on the time I would be interested.

          Let me put it this way, a mission plays between 5 and 15 minutes and a full
          game is 30 successful missions out of a potential 52 missions. Between
          missions, there is no need to keep the game out. Somewhat like B-17 in that
          respect (but not any other respect).
        • Bryan
          Message 4 of 4 , 15 Sep, 2012
            I'd be interested in flying some missions.