Compass Points Inn

    Message 1 of 16 , 21 Sep, 2012
      Guys, if you plan to stay in the hotel, and you're sharing a room, can you please let me know who you are rooming with? If we sell 20 room nights each night, the hotel gives the convention a discount, but I have to be able to show them how many rooms we sold. Thanks.

      Rob Bottos
    • revnye
      Message 2 of 16 , 22 Sep, 2012
        Rob,

        If the Hotel is giving a group discount to the BottosCon attendees, they should be able to tell you who is using that discount code. Also, you could just provide them with a list of all of the attendees and see if they are on the guest list...

        Ralph

        Message 3 of 16 , 22 Sep, 2012
          In an ideal world that would work, but not everyone tells the Hotel they are there for BottosCon. By having a list I can prove to the hotel how many rooms I sold.
          Rob

          --- In BottosCon@..., "revnye" <revnye@...> wrote:

          > Rob,
          >
          > If the Hotel is giving a group discount to the BottosCon attendees, they should be able to tell you who is using that discount code. Also, you could just provide them with a list of all of the attendees and see if they are on the guest list...
          >
          > Ralph
          >
          > --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Guys, if you plan to stay in the hotel, and you're sharing a room, can you please let me know who you are rooming with? If we sell 20 room nights each night, the hotel gives the convention a discount, but I have to be able to show them how many rooms we sold. Thanks.
          > >
          > > Rob Bottos

        • cavan cunningham
          Message 4 of 16 , 23 Sep, 2012
            reservation booked. I mentioned the con but there was no note re rates with the reservation person.
            cavan
          • Robert Kuhar
            Message 5 of 16 , 23 Sep, 2012
              Hmmm.  I booked over the phone with the Compass Inn on Saturday and the woman knew all about BottosCon and the $89.00 rate.

              Rob.  I booked my own room, but I talk to myself, a lot.  Does that count as two people staying in one room?

              Bob
              Message 6 of 16 , 25 Sep, 2012
                Guys, I spoke with the hotel today to go over our requirements for the convention. The good news is that the Latin Salsa group will not be next door to us this year.

                Regarding rooms, you need to let the hotel know you are with BottosCon to get the convention rate.

                For every night we sell 25 rooms the hotel will give us one free room night. As my way of thanking those who book a room at the hotel, if we sell the requisite number of room nights, I will place the names in a hat, and have a draw for the free room night which should be able to be applied against your stay that weekend. The hotel will not average nights, the requirement is that we sell 25 each night.

                The convention room will be available as of 12pm on Friday November 2, 2012, and the convention will wrap up at 4pm on Sunday November 3, 2012.

                There are 5 days remaining to get your weekend pass for the $30.00 rate, and as of October 1, 2012 the weekend pass rate goes to $35.00. A one day pass remains $20.00

                To make things easier on Art I want to get the game schedule and table asignments finalized no later than October 19, 2012. I will be preparing the name badges on October 26, 2012.

                We currently have 37 people registered for the convention and I think this is great. I'd love to see if can get this number to at least 45 in the next month.

                Rob Bottos
                BottosCon Actual

                --- In BottosCon@..., Robert Kuhar <robertkuhar@...> wrote:

                > Hmmm. I booked over the phone with the Compass Inn on Saturday and the
                > woman knew all about BottosCon and the $89.00 rate.
                >
                > Rob. I booked my own room, but I talk to myself, a lot. Does that count
                > as two people staying in one room?
                >
                > Bob

              • rulesjd17
                Message 7 of 16 , 25 Sep, 2012
                  Hey Rob,

                  Just reserved a room for Ralph and I. See you in November.

                  Les

                  --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@...> wrote:

                  > Guys, if you plan to stay in the hotel, and you're sharing a room, can you please let me know who you are rooming with? If we sell 20 room nights each night, the hotel gives the convention a discount, but I have to be able to show them how many rooms we sold. Thanks.
                  >
                  > Rob Bottos

                • zebradano
                  Message 8 of 16 , 27 Sep, 2012
                    The bad news is that the Latin Salsa group will be IN the same room with us this year!

                    ;-)

                    Message 9 of 16 , 27 Sep, 2012
                      Dan, are you trying to to get yourself smothered by a pillow in your sleep?
                      Rob

                      Message 10 of 16 , 27 Sep, 2012
                        Ok But dancing the ‘forbidden dance’ is gong to be tricky in my furry costume.

                        Duncan

                        Message 11 of 16 , 27 Sep, 2012
                          Sorry, no Opa Gangnam dancing either, this is the wargaming room dammit :-)

                          So, to be clear:

                          1. No furrie costumes

                          2. No assless chaps

                          3. No latin salsa dancing

                          4. No Opa Gangnam.

                          This is BOTTOSCON!!

                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkWS9PiXekE

                          --- In BottosCon@..., "Duncan Rice" <duncanr@...> wrote:

                          > Ok But dancing the ‘forbidden dance’ is gong to be tricky in my furry costume.
                          >
                          > Duncan

                        • stephen
                          Message 12 of 16 , 28 Sep, 2012
                            Spoilsport! ;)

                            pax, smn

                            --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@...> wrote:

                            > Sorry, no Opa Gangnam dancing either, this is the wargaming room dammit :-)
                            >

                            > So, to be clear:
                            >
                            > 1. No furrie costumes
                            >
                            > 2. No assless chaps
                            >
                            > 3. No latin salsa dancing
                            >
                            > 4. No Opa Gangnam.
                            >
                            > This is BOTTOSCON!!
                            >
                            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkWS9PiXekE
                            >

                            > --- In BottosCon@..., "Duncan Rice" <duncanr@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Ok But dancing the ‘forbidden dance’ is gong to be tricky in my furry costume.
                            > >
                            > > Duncan

                          • Art Brochet
                            Message 13 of 16 , 21 Oct, 2012
                              Rob -

                              Charlie, Bill & I are sharing a room Friday & Saturday nights.

                              Message 14 of 16 , 21 Oct, 2012
                                I've got a room booked Sat night, Rob.
                                Cavan

                                Sent from Cavan's phone.

                                Message 15 of 16 , 22 Oct, 2012
                                  Ben Hesketh and I are sharing a room Friday and Saturday nights.

                                  Tony Christney

                                  Sent from my iPhone
                                  Message 16 of 16 , 22 Oct, 2012
                                    Tony, I know Martin Hogan had to cancel but do you know if Brian Burger is still coming to the convention?
                                    Rob