Distant Plain demos

  • cavan_patrick
    Message 1 of 12 , 9 Oct, 2012
      ..speaking of Distant Plain...has Brian sent out the rules yet? (I'm a sloooow reader).
    • Wilhelm
      Message 2 of 12 , 14 Oct, 2012
        I received an email from Brian with rules on Thursday.
      • citizenx@islandnet.com
        Message 3 of 12 , 17 Oct, 2012
          I sent out rules and play aids to the seven folks who expressed an interest in demoing A Distant Plain.
          Yesterday I took delivery of a beautiful playtest map!

          Unless things change, I will be taking the 5 PM ferry over on Friday, so the start of the Friday demo session will have to be pushed back to about 8 PM ... I had Jay White, Ralph Shelton, Wilhelm Fitzpatrick and Doug Cooley down for that one.

          Brian

          Message 4 of 12 , 17 Oct, 2012
            Brian, the Friday night session now has Michel Boucher and Cavan Cunningham instead of Doug and Jay. We now have 2 openings for A Distant Plain on Saturday night.
            Rob

            Message 5 of 12 , 17 Oct, 2012
              I may be able to make it out from 7:00 pm onwards on Friday night. Does anyone think that would be worthwhile? Most games would have started by then, I guess.

              Jay

              --
              www.gogomax49.com
              http://draworbedrawn.blogspot.com/
              Message 6 of 12 , 17 Oct, 2012
                At this point I'm flexible between Fri & Sat Distant Plain games so whatever you, Jay, based on the later start time on Fri is fine with me. Although, I think Rob wants to confirm by this Friday, so I'll want to firm up my choices by then (ie either Conquest or Distant Plain on Sat. ).
                Cavan

                Sent from Cavan's phone.

                On 2012-10-17, at 11:16 AM, Jay White <gogomax49@...> wrote:

                I may be able to make it out from 7:00 pm onwards on Friday night. Does anyone think that would be worthwhile? Most games would have started by then, I guess.

                Jay

                On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 11:06 AM, robinkorea2002 <scouterrob@...> wrote:

                Brian, the Friday night session now has Michel Boucher and Cavan Cunningham instead of Doug and Jay. We now have 2 openings for A Distant Plain on Saturday night.
                Rob
                --- In BottosCon@..., citizenx@... wrote:

                > I sent out rules and play aids to the seven folks who expressed an interest in demoing A Distant Plain.
                > Yesterday I took delivery of a beautiful playtest map!
                >
                > Unless things change, I will be taking the 5 PM ferry over on Friday, so the start of the Friday demo session will have to be pushed back to about 8 PM ... I had Jay White, Ralph Shelton, Wilhelm Fitzpatrick and Doug Cooley down for that one.
                >
                > Brian
                >
                > --- In BottosCon@..., "Wilhelm" <rafial@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I received an email from Brian with rules on Thursday.

                --
                www.gogomax49.com
                http://draworbedrawn.blogspot.com/

              • Michel Boucher
                Message 7 of 12 , 17 Oct, 2012
                  On 17 Oct 2012 at 17:07, citizenx@... wrote:

                  > Unless things change, I will be taking the 5 PM ferry over on Friday,
                  > so the start of the Friday demo session will have to be pushed back to
                  > about 8 PM ... I had Jay White, Ralph Shelton, Wilhelm Fitzpatrick and
                  > Doug Cooley down for that one.

                  I'm also on the list.
                • stephen
                  Message 8 of 12 , 18 Oct, 2012
                    I would not mind sitting in on one of those spots on Saturday, Robbin. I can pick up rules from Brian next Tuesday at a get together down in Victoria.

                    pax, smn

                    Message 9 of 12 , 18 Oct, 2012
                      I think you should assume I can't make the Friday ADP game. Probably more likely that I'll pick up a shorter game that eve.

                      Jay

                      On Thursday, October 18, 2012, stephen <newbergwong@...> wrote:

                      > I would not mind sitting in on one of those spots on Saturday, Robbin. I can pick up rules from Brian next Tuesday at a get together down in Victoria.
                      >
                      > pax, smn
                      >
                      > --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@...> wrote:
                      >>

                      >> Brian, the Friday night session now has Michel Boucher and Cavan Cunningham instead of Doug and Jay. We now have 2 openings for A Distant Plain on Saturday night.
                      >> Rob
                      >> --- In BottosCon@..., citizenx@ wrote:
                      >> >
                      >> > I sent out rules and play aids to the seven folks who expressed an interest in demoing A Distant Plain.
                      >> > Yesterday I took delivery of a beautiful playtest map!
                      >> >
                      >> > Unless things change, I will be taking the 5 PM ferry over on Friday, so the start of the Friday demo session will have to be pushed back to about 8 PM ... I had Jay White, Ralph Shelton, Wilhelm Fitzpatrick and Doug Cooley down for that one.
                      >> >
                      >> > Brian

                      --
                      www.gogomax49.com
                      http://draworbedrawn.blogspot.com/
                    • Andrew Nick
                      Message 10 of 12 , 18 Oct, 2012
                        ... like Up Front!

                        The moment of terror is the beginning of life.

                        Message 11 of 12 , 18 Oct, 2012
                          ... like Up Front!

                          The moment of terror is the beginning of life.

                          Is that supposed to be a sales pitch for Up Front? Moment of Terror? :)

                          I don't know how to play UF, but if someone is willing to learn me..

                          Jay

                          Message 12 of 12 , 18 Oct, 2012
                            Easy-least--after all, Up Front IS the "Squad Leader Card Game", & you're the West Coast Squad Leader expert, isn't that right, Jay ... ?