BottosFront: Up Front - Roll Call: sound off, maggots!

  • king_of_grilled_cheese
    Message 1 of 6 , 29 Oct, 2012
      Reveille is at 13h00 SHARP!

      We'll use last year's point system, unless anyone has any ideas for tweaking it.

      Reply with your name, rank, ETA and expected duration of attendance on Friday.

      Andrew Nick
      Message 2 of 6 , 29 Oct, 2012
        Name: Duncan Rice
        Message 3 of 6 , 30 Oct, 2012
          I'll play Up Front in the later part of the day on Friday.  I was thinking about playing Fed Comm in the afternoon, but could probably be easily convinced to switch to Up Front if there are players wanting to play.

          I'll play full rules, including Japanese and British, but I don't have the Desert module.

          Dan O
        • Rick
          Message 4 of 6 , 30 Oct, 2012
            I think there are a few players planning play both Up Front and Fed Comm. For those planning to bounce between the two games, you will have to pass your Fed Comm ship off to another player on your side while you are playing Up Front. Those playing Fed Comm exclusively please be prepared to take command of additional ships at times.

            My plan is to have a Klingon Fleet of approximately 9 ships ranging from a C8 to E4s attack a Federation Battle Station defended by a mix of Fed, Kzinti and Gorn Ships (a piecemeal force that happened to be in the area). Counting the BATS, the forces on each side are of equal point value.

            In order to win the Klingons must at least cripple the BATS and score more VP (counting the BATS) than the Alliance.

            VP's are based on the point values of enemy units. 50% for a cripple, 100% for destroyed and 200% for captured. Ships that breakoff are worth 25% if they have any internal damage and are out of the game. We are using a fixed map.

            Based on the number of players we may remove a few ships from each side. I'm planning to run the BATS so I don't have to worry about moving ships, I can help players with rules and can keep the pace of the game moving.

            Please think about what side you would like to play and I'll try to accommodate. Otherwise I'll use random assignment. Sides can distribute their ships as they like, pass ships between players at any time. Just make sure someone is controlling every ship. I will provide everything needed to play.
          • rulesjd17
            Message 5 of 6 , 30 Oct, 2012
              Klingons. Must run Klingons. The fancy Feds and their assorted mongrel allies will fold like cheap tents.

              Message 6 of 6 , 31 Oct, 2012
                Colin Woo sends his regrets. Freakin' maggot ...