Important Announcement Regarding BottosCon 2013

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4 5:31 PM
      It is with heavy heart that I must report the end of an era, The Compass Points Inn, home to BottosCon since 2008, is closing down as of May 31, 2013, and BottosCon 2013 will be relocating to a new location. I'm in the process of speaking with several hotels in order to secure another great location at a great price. Please stay tuned for more details.

      Rob Bottos
      BottosCon Actual
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 4 6:04 PM
        You have a new condo. It’ll fit 60 people right?

        Duncan

        Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 5:31 PM
        Subject: [BottosCon] Important Announcement Regarding BottosCon 2013

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 4 6:18 PM
          Our new location will accomadate 100 people but until it's official, I can't post details.
          Rob

          --- In BottosCon@..., "Duncan Rice" wrote:

          > You have a new condo. It’ll fit 60 people right?
          >
          > Duncan

        • Michel Boucher
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 5 11:53 AM
            On 5 Jan 2013 at 1:31, robinkorea2002 wrote:

            > It is with heavy heart that I must report the end of an era, The
            > Compass Points Inn, home to BottosCon since 2008, is closing down as
            > of May 31, 2013, and BottosCon 2013 will be relocating to a new
            > location. I'm in the process of speaking with several hotels in order
            > to secure another great location at a great price. Please stay tuned
            > for more details.

            Its accessibility to public transportation is going to be an important point for
            me. That was something that made Compass Points Inn very
            attractive...cheap to get to, cheap to get out of.
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 5 3:35 PM
              Michel,
              Assuming I am going I would be happy to give you transport from the Lougheed skytrain.

              Duncan

              Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2013 11:53 AM

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 6 12:34 AM
                Michel, I appreciate your situation and I'll do my best to make sure that the new location is just as accessible. Of the 4 hotels I've contacted, 2 have got back to me, and one wanted $700.00/day for us to rent 1600 sq ft. Great location, but charging downtown Vancouver prices despite being in the subburbs.
                Rob

                --- In BottosCon@..., "Duncan Rice" wrote:

                > Michel,
                > Assuming I am going I would be happy to give you transport from the Lougheed skytrain.
                >
                > Duncan

              • Roger Leroux
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 6 1:30 AM
                  Hey Rob - the Legion on Commercial Drive has space that might suit Bottoscon. Of course, it doesn't have hotel rooms, but it is right near the Broadway Skytrain station so transit access is very easy, and there are tons of amenities near by.