new member...games at BC2013?

  • talonz51
    Message 1 of 5 , 12 Aug, 2013
      Stumbled onto this con via a google search. Im in victoria and looking for more wargame/r s. Curious about making it over this november....

      Im very interested in wings of glory, sign me up. Xwing as well, sure thing. Im mostly interested in trying new games or getting games setup I cant find players for on a regular basis. WW2 is my latest kick again, so would dearly love to try europe engulfed if someone had that. Barring that, any version of axis and allies could do in a pinch, and Im actually in the process of writing my own house rules and thinking of printing a map for it. I like the simplicity of the system but feel it could do with more realism and history and simul play while still keeping things streamlined.

      I never get to play republic of rome or east front either, would love to have an old hand show me those games (again, in the case of ROR).

      Could always bring Fire & Axe or In the Shadow of the Emperor, my 2 favorite warro games I know pretty well to demo.

      Basically, would like to hear of what games will be offered and played?

      Geoff
    • Wilhelm
      Message 2 of 5 , 12 Aug, 2013
        I've got Europe Engulfed, and BottosCon is the perfect place for trying such things out. I've never played, and I'd love an opportunity to stumble through it with another newbie.

        And so as you can, the solution to "what games are offered" is to shout out your interests here, and see if their are any takers.

        -wilhelm

        Message 3 of 5 , 12 Aug, 2013
          Geoff, thanks for posting and expressing interest in the convention. This forum is a good place to connect with other gamers to arrange games. The discussion typically picks up in mid-September.

          I know my friend Rick White is thinking of running Republic of Rome on Friday so keep any eye on the database and when you see it show up add your name to the list.

          Could I get your last name Geoff and I'll add you to the Wings of Glory list.

          For registration you have a choice, you can either pay via paypal, scouterrob@..., in Canadian funds, or pay at the door. I'd prefer people pre-register as I then have a certainty of attendance and can also print off convention badges ahead of time.

          If you have any other questions, please either post here or send me an e-mail and I'll do my best to get you some answers.

          Rob Bottos

          --- In BottosCon@..., "talonz51" <Talonz51@...> wrote:

          > Stumbled onto this con via a google search. Im in victoria and looking for more wargame/r s. Curious about making it over this november....
          >
          > Im very interested in wings of glory, sign me up. Xwing as well, sure thing. Im mostly interested in trying new games or getting games setup I cant find players for on a regular basis. WW2 is my latest kick again, so would dearly love to try europe engulfed if someone had that. Barring that, any version of axis and allies could do in a pinch, and Im actually in the process of writing my own house rules and thinking of printing a map for it. I like the simplicity of the system but feel it could do with more realism and history and simul play while still keeping things streamlined.
          >
          > I never get to play republic of rome or east front either, would love to have an old hand show me those games (again, in the case of ROR).
          >
          > Could always bring Fire & Axe or In the Shadow of the Emperor, my 2 favorite warro games I know pretty well to demo.
          >
          > Basically, would like to hear of what games will be offered and played?
          >
          > Geoff

        • Andrew Nick
          Message 4 of 5 , 12 Aug, 2013
            Here's what seems to have worked for me:  I gave ROBOTtos my last name--as per his familiar request--years ago, when I first got sucked into this whole BottosCon vortex.  Since then, I seem to not have to worry about getting a cheque out to him with my annual dues--it just conveniently automatically disappears from my bank account like clockwork.

            Identity theft is a beautiful thing ...

            Andrew

            Geoff, thanks for posting and expressing interest in the convention. This forum is a good place to connect with other gamers to arrange games. The discussion typically picks up in mid-September.

            I know my friend Rick White is thinking of running Republic of Rome on Friday so keep any eye on the database and when you see it show up add your name to the list.

            Could I get your last name Geoff and I'll add you to the Wings of Glory list.

            For registration you have a choice, you can either pay via paypal, scouterrob@..., in Canadian funds, or pay at the door. I'd prefer people pre-register as I then have a certainty of attendance and can also print off convention badges ahead of time.

            If you have any other questions, please either post here or send me an e-mail and I'll do my best to get you some answers.

            Rob Bottos

            --- In BottosCon@..., "talonz51" <Talonz51@...> wrote:

            > Stumbled onto this con via a google search. Im in victoria and looking for more wargame/r s. Curious about making it over this november....
            >
            > Im very interested in wings of glory, sign me up. Xwing as well, sure thing. Im mostly interested in trying new games or getting games setup I cant find players for on a regular basis. WW2 is my latest kick again, so would dearly love to try europe engulfed if someone had that. Barring that, any version of axis and allies could do in a pinch, and Im actually in the process of writing my own house rules and thinking of printing a map for it. I like the simplicity of the system but feel it could do with more realism and history and simul play while still keeping things streamlined.
            >
            > I never get to play republic of rome or east front either, would love to have an old hand show me those games (again, in the case of ROR).
            >
            > Could always bring Fire & Axe or In the Shadow of the Emperor, my 2 favorite warro games I know pretty well to demo.
            >
            > Basically, would like to hear of what games will be offered and played?
            >
            > Geoff

          • Wilhelm
            Message 5 of 5 , 19 Aug, 2013
              --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@...> wrote:

              > I know my friend Rick White is thinking of running Republic of Rome on Friday so keep any eye on the database and when you see it show up add your name to the list.

              I would be very interested in Republic of Rome on Friday.