Convention update

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 4 , 4 May, 2008
      We are in the midst of finding a new location for this year's
      Convention but I can tell you that it will take place in Surrey,
      British Columbia. This year's convention will feature the following
      events:

      2008 Vancouver ASL tournament

      The Annual International Diplomacy Championships

      2008 Vancouver Combat Commander tournament

      2008 Vancouver Standard Combat Series Marathon

      Please stay tuned for further updates.
      Message 2 of 4 , 2 Oct, 2013
        Guys, I just wanted to remind everyone that next Wednesday October 9, 2013 is the deadline to reserve a hotel room and still receive the convention rate of 99.00/night.

        Art Brochet will be submitting our floor plan requirements to our conference manager next week. If you have not already indicated how many tables you will require for your event, and the size of said tables, please do so immediately. Any events added after next week will have to make do with the tables set aside for open gaming.

        If you have not yet registered for the convention, there is still time to receive the preregistration rate of $35.00. A day pass remains $25.00 and paying at the door will cost you $40.00.

        I'm printing out the convention badges on November 1, 2013, so please do your best to register by then so I don't have to chase you down in the convention hall.

        All payments are in Canadian funds, and can be sent to my PayPal account scouterrob@...

        I will be out of town from October 10-20, 2013 and not able to monitor this page or address your concerns. Upon my return I'll be able to help you out.

        Last but certainly not least, we're having our game swap meet and I'm asking everyone to please bring a nonperishable item for the food bank.

        Thanks
        Rob Bottos
        BottosCon Actual
      • oldguy59_wgf
        Message 3 of 4 , 2 Oct, 2013
          Rob,
          I don't know your overall plan for table layout, and whether any dealers are coming, but if possible, I'd like a side or even a corner location. Having the miniatures (that are not in use) and game organizing material away from sticky fingers would be my preference. However, if you are using the Wings of Glory games as a showcase, then hiding me in a corner may not be what you want.

          I will have, at least, a standing poster board for the games (On the organizing table, with the minis), if not a freestanding banner, or both.

          Mike :-)

          Message 4 of 4 , 2 Oct, 2013
            Mike, I'd like to have both X-Wing and Wings of Glory near the front but I'm sure we can work something out.
            Rob