3-day AE or Weltkrieg

  • warinthepacific
    Message 1 of 13 , 17 Sep, 2013
      Fellas - is anyone interested in a 3-day game of Axis Empires? Or would you like to learn the excellent Der Weltkrieg system, which is sort of an OCS for WW1? Great stuff. A 3-player AE would be a blast. Who's in? :-)
      Message 2 of 13 , 17 Sep, 2013
        Learned to play the Weltkrieg system this past weekend. Interesting game but I did not find it anywhere near as complicated as OCS, but then again, we were playing the Tannenburg scenario.
        Rob

        PS. it's always helpful to sign your name to your posts so one knows to whom one is replying to.

        --- In BottosCon@..., "warinthepacific" <dimes4u@...> wrote:

        > Fellas - is anyone interested in a 3-day game of Axis Empires? Or would you like to learn the excellent Der Weltkrieg system, which is sort of an OCS for WW1? Great stuff. A 3-player AE would be a blast. Who's in? :-)

      • Michel Boucher
        Message 3 of 13 , 17 Sep, 2013
          On 17 Sep 2013 at 20:39, robinkorea2002 wrote:

          > --- In BottosCon@..., "warinthepacific" <dimes4u@...>
          > wrote: > > Fellas - is anyone interested in a 3-day game of Axis
          > Empires? Or would you like to learn the excellent Der Weltkrieg
          > system, which is sort of an OCS for WW1? Great stuff. A 3-player AE
          > would be a blast. Who's in? :-)

          I for one would be definitely interested.
        • Michel Boucher
          Message 4 of 13 , 17 Sep, 2013
            On 17 Sep 2013 at 18:48, Michel Boucher wrote:

            > On 17 Sep 2013 at 20:39, robinkorea2002 wrote:
            >
            > > --- In BottosCon@..., "warinthepacific" <dimes4u@...>
            > > wrote: > > Fellas - is anyone interested in a 3-day game of Axis
            > > Empires? Or would you like to learn the excellent Der Weltkrieg
            > > system, which is sort of an OCS for WW1? Great stuff. A 3-player
            > > AE would be a blast. Who's in? :-)
            >
            > I for one would be definitely interested.

            I should probably specify that I am interested in Der Weltkrieg.
          • warinthepacific
            Message 5 of 13 , 18 Sep, 2013
              --- In BottosCon@..., "Michel Boucher" <alsandor@...> wrote:

              > On 17 Sep 2013 at 18:48, Michel Boucher wrote:
              >
              > > On 17 Sep 2013 at 20:39, robinkorea2002 wrote:
              > >
              > > > --- In BottosCon@..., "warinthepacific" <dimes4u@>
              > > > wrote: > > Fellas - is anyone interested in a 3-day game of Axis
              > > > Empires? Or would you like to learn the excellent Der Weltkrieg
              > > > system, which is sort of an OCS for WW1? Great stuff. A 3-player
              > > > AE would be a blast. Who's in? :-)
              > >
              > > I for one would be definitely interested.
              >
              > I should probably specify that I am interested in Der Weltkrieg.

              It's a great system - simpler than OCS but also operational, logistics-driven, and very subtle in its execution and nuance, which is why I draw the comparison. My buddy and I finished something like 5 scenarios in two days and got completely hooked this summer. I can bring the whole series.
            • talonz51
              Message 6 of 13 , 18 Sep, 2013
                --- In BottosCon@..., "warinthepacific" <dimes4u@...> wrote:

                > Fellas - is anyone interested in a 3-day game of Axis Empires? Or would you like to learn the excellent Der Weltkrieg system, which is sort of an OCS for WW1? Great stuff. A 3-player AE would be a blast. Who's in? :-)

                I'd be interested in trying it on sunday. Perhaps some kind of ongoing campaign or sequence of scenarios that could allow for players to come and go?

                Geoff
              • Michel Boucher
                Message 7 of 13 , 19 Sep, 2013
                  On 18 Sep 2013 at 15:26, warinthepacific wrote:

                  > It's a great system - simpler than OCS but also operational,
                  > logistics-driven, and very subtle in its execution and nuance, which
                  > is why I draw the comparison. My buddy and I finished something like 5
                  > scenarios in two days and got completely hooked this summer. I can
                  > bring the whole series.

                  I have the whole series (picked up The Grand Campaign at WBC this
                  summer) but as yet it's completely unpunched. I think the Schlieffen Plan
                  would be just fine if that's ok with you. Then perhaps I will be able to interest
                  someone in our club to give it a go.
                  Message 8 of 13 , 19 Sep, 2013
                    Guys, in order to add Der Weltkrieg to the database, I need a real name for the person hosting the game. Call me crazy, but I like to know the names of the people in my group.
                    Thanks
                    Rob Bottos

                    Message 9 of 13 , 19 Sep, 2013
                      You’re crazy. (feel better?)

                      Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:56 AM
                      Subject: [BottosCon] Re: 3-day AE or Weltkrieg

                      Guys, in order to add Der Weltkrieg to the database, I need a real name for the person hosting the game. Call me crazy, but I like to know the names of the people in my group.
                      Thanks
                      Rob Bottos
                      --- In BottosCon@..., "talonz51" <Talonz51@...> wrote:

                      > --- In BottosCon@..., "warinthepacific"
                      <dimes4u@> wrote:

                      > > Fellas - is anyone interested
                      in a 3-day game of Axis Empires? Or would you like to learn the excellent Der Weltkrieg system, which is sort of an OCS for WW1? Great stuff. A 3-player AE would be a blast. Who's in? :-)

                      > I'd be interested
                      in trying it on sunday. Perhaps some kind of ongoing campaign or sequence of scenarios that could allow for players to come and go?

                      Geoff

                    • Rick
                      Message 10 of 13 , 19 Sep, 2013
                        Guys although I cannot join you for Der Weltkrieg at BottosCon (I am playing RoR on Friday and ASL Saturday and Sunday), if any players are Vancouver locals and want to play this series face to face let me know. I have the complete series and would like to try a larger scenario perhaps even the campaign game. I have a big basement with dedicated gaming tables.

                        Rick White

                        --- In BottosCon@..., "talonz51" <Talonz51@...> wrote:

                        > --- In BottosCon@..., "warinthepacific" <dimes4u@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Fellas - is anyone interested in a 3-day game of Axis Empires? Or would you like to learn the excellent Der Weltkrieg system, which is sort of an OCS for WW1? Great stuff. A 3-player AE would be a blast. Who's in? :-)
                        > >

                        > I'd be interested in trying it on sunday. Perhaps some kind of ongoing campaign or sequence of scenarios that could allow for players to come and go?
                        >
                        > Geoff

                      • warinthepacific
                        Message 11 of 13 , 26 Sep, 2013
                          Hi Rob - no worries; my name is Greg Daulton. I am a regular at CSW and I came to the thingie in Issaquah a couple of times. I am pretty sure I can make it, but still have a hoop or two at work to clear. :-)

                          --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@...> wrote:

                          > Guys, in order to add Der Weltkrieg to the database, I need a real name for the person hosting the game. Call me crazy, but I like to know the names of the people in my group.
                          > Thanks
                          > Rob Bottos
                          > --- In BottosCon@..., "talonz51" <Talonz51@> wrote:
                          > >

                          > > --- In BottosCon@..., "warinthepacific" <dimes4u@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Fellas - is anyone interested in a 3-day game of Axis Empires? Or would you like to learn the excellent Der Weltkrieg system, which is sort of an OCS for WW1? Great stuff. A 3-player AE would be a blast. Who's in? :-)
                          > > >

                          > > I'd be interested in trying it on sunday. Perhaps some kind of ongoing campaign or sequence of scenarios that could allow for players to come and go?
                          > >
                          > > Geoff

                        • warinthepacific
                          Message 12 of 13 , 26 Sep, 2013

                            Hi Geoff - maybe. I am in the Tacoma area; not too far, but time is at a premium. Email me at dimes4u@.... I also have the whole series and have been thinking about a VASSAL GC ...
                            Message 13 of 13 , 26 Sep, 2013
                              Thanks Greg, if for some reason you can't make it, please let the guys who have expressed interest in the game know so they can make other plans if need be.
                              Rob