CDG Interest?

  • Kevin Deitrick
    Message 1 of 7 , 23 Sep, 2013
      Any interest in some CDG gaming?

      I picked up Friedrich recently and would like to try it (not really a CDG, but kind of)

      I'm also interested in and have Hannibal, Washington's War, Frontier War, Successors, etc.

      Mostly looking for ones that are able to complete in a single session (even if longish).
    • Robert Kuhar

        Message 3 of 7 , 23 Sep, 2013
          I believe Ryan Blaney is also looking to try some card driven games.
          Rob

          --- In BottosCon@..., Robert Kuhar <robertkuhar@...> wrote:

          > I'm interested in Washington's War, or Hannibal. The rub is that I have to
          > figure out what I've already committed to as I think there is one of those
          > all day games in there already that will consume my Saturday. I'll follow
          > up once I figure out what I'm already doing. Washington's War plays pretty
          > fast. I think Hannibal does too.
          >
          > Bob
          >

          > On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Kevin Deitrick <deitricksnw@...>wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Any interest in some CDG gaming?
          > >
          > > I picked up Friedrich recently and would like to try it (not really a CDG,
          > > but kind of)
          > >
          > > I'm also interested in and have Hannibal, Washington's War, Frontier War,
          > > Successors, etc.
          > >
          > > Mostly looking for ones that are able to complete in a single session
          > > (even if longish).

        • Roger Leroux
          Message 4 of 7 , 23 Sep, 2013
            I love Friedrich and would be in for a game of that. Also open to Maria, which is more subtle and three player.

            Sent from my iPad

            On 2013-09-23, at 4:52 PM, "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@...> wrote:

            I believe Ryan Blaney is also looking to try some card driven games.
            Rob

            --- In BottosCon@..., Robert Kuhar <robertkuhar@...> wrote:

            > I'm interested in Washington's War, or Hannibal. The rub is that I have to
            > figure out what I've already committed to as I think there is one of those
            > all day games in there already that will consume my Saturday. I'll follow
            > up once I figure out what I'm already doing. Washington's War plays pretty
            > fast. I think Hannibal does too.
            >
            > Bob
            >

            > On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Kevin Deitrick <deitricksnw@...>wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Any interest in some CDG gaming?
            > >
            > > I picked up Friedrich recently and would like to try it (not really a CDG,
            > > but kind of)
            > >
            > > I'm also interested in and have Hannibal, Washington's War, Frontier War,
            > > Successors, etc.
            > >
            > > Mostly looking for ones that are able to complete in a single session
            > > (even if longish).

          • talonz51
            Message 5 of 7 , 24 Sep, 2013
              --- In BottosCon@..., "Kevin Deitrick" <deitricksnw@...> wrote:

              > Any interest in some CDG gaming?
              >
              > I picked up Friedrich recently and ...
              > I'm also interested in and have Hannibal, Washington's War, Frontier War, Successors, etc.

              Yes! Of those, friedrich, hannibal, successors sound good if willing to teach (certainly willing to read rules ahead of time). The cdg series is one Ive been wanting to sink my teeth into for some time.

              Geoff
            • talonz51
              Message 6 of 7 , 24 Sep, 2013
                --- In BottosCon@..., "talonz51" <Talonz51@...> wrote:

                > --- In BottosCon@..., "Kevin Deitrick" <deitricksnw@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Any interest in some CDG gaming?
                > >
                > > I picked up Friedrich recently and ...
                > > I'm also interested in and have Hannibal, Washington's War, Frontier War, Successors, etc.
                > >

                > Yes! Of those, friedrich, hannibal, successors sound good if willing to teach (certainly willing to read rules ahead of time). The cdg series is one Ive been wanting to sink my teeth into for some time.
                >
                > Geoff

                Meant to add that sunday would be preferred.

              • Kevin Deitrick
                Message 7 of 7 , 24 Sep, 2013
                  I am completely open on Friday, anyone that is interested available Friday?

                  Saturday I have to play by ear.

                  I also can make some time on Sunday, I'm playing some Combat Commander, not sure when yet.

                  I would be interested in Maria instead of Friedrich, but I don't own it.

                  I have read rules for Washington's War (have played We the People), and have played Hannibal and Successor's. I can teach any of these.