Looking for a game on Sunday

  • steve.lieske
    Message 1 of 10 , 29 Oct, 2013
      I wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Steve Lieske. I have been a wargamer for many years but this is the first time I will be attending BottosCon, making the drive from Idaho. I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks.

      I'm looking for a game (or games) on Sunday. Some of the games that I have played recently and will be bringing along are: Labyrinth, Twilight Struggle, Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage or Storm Over Stalingrad. Anyone have some free time on Sunday?
    • Michel Boucher
      Message 2 of 10 , 29 Oct, 2013
        On 29 Oct 2013 at 22:42, steve.lieske wrote:

        > I wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Steve Lieske.
        > I have been a wargamer for many years but this is the first time I
        > will be attending BottosCon, making the drive from Idaho. I'm looking
        > forward to meeting some new folks.

        We are hardly new. You'd be the new folk :-)

        > I'm looking for a game (or games) on Sunday. Some of the games that I
        > have played recently and will be bringing along are: Labyrinth,
        > Twilight Struggle, Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage or Storm Over
        > Stalingrad. Anyone have some free time on Sunday?

        Hard to say at this point. I have not been able to get a calendar going but
        that's because I have very little spare time before I leave on Sunday.

        I will have with me What Price Glory?, the most recent game in the Storm
        Over series.
      • talonz51
        Message 3 of 10 , 30 Oct, 2013
          --- In BottosCon@..., "steve.lieske" <steve@...> wrote:

          > I'm looking for a game (or games) on Sunday. Some of the games that I have played recently and will be bringing along are: Labyrinth, Twilight Struggle, Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage or Storm Over Stalingrad. Anyone have some free time on Sunday?

          I dont yet have anything booked sunday either, hoping to find a pickup game of something. I havnt played any of those mentioned, twilight or hannibal both catch my eye if they are teachable in a reasonable timeframe. Im tempted to bring something myself, otherwise I may just see what the boardgaming warriors have on hand sunday.

          Geoff
        • Rick Smith
          Message 4 of 10 , 30 Oct, 2013
            I mostly play pickup games but if sometime Sunday
            you are free, I would be very interested in playing
            Hannibal: Rome vs. C.

            Warm regards, Rick.

            On Wed, 2013-30-10 at 07:06 +0000, talonz51 wrote:

            > --- In BottosCon@..., "steve.lieske" <steve@...> wrote:
            > >

            > > I'm looking for a game (or games) on Sunday. Some of the games that I have played recently and will be bringing along are: Labyrinth, Twilight Struggle, Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage or Storm Over Stalingrad. Anyone have some free time on Sunday?
            > >

            > I dont yet have anything booked sunday either, hoping to find a pickup game of something. I havnt played any of those mentioned, twilight or hannibal both catch my eye if they are teachable in a reasonable timeframe. Im tempted to bring something myself, otherwise I may just see what the boardgaming warriors have on hand sunday.
            >
            > Geoff
            >

            > ------------------------------------
            >
            > Yahoo Groups Links

          • troy_chard
            Message 5 of 10 , 30 Oct, 2013
              I'd be stoked to play Twilight Struggle, but I'm going to be hosting/playing Commands&Colors Epic Ancients at 11 on Sunday with Rob.

              You (and anybody else) are welcome to join though.

              Troy
            • Ryan Blaney
              Message 6 of 10 , 30 Oct, 2013
                I would be in for epic ancients if there is space.

                Ry

                Sent from my iPad

                Message 7 of 10 , 30 Oct, 2013
                  Hi Ryan,

                  Ya sure, that'd be awesome. Been awhile since we played Ry ;)

                  Space for 3 more if anybody else wants in.

                  I should probably start a separate topic for this one.
                  (Sorry Steve, don't mean to high-jack your thread).

                  Troy

                  --- In BottosCon@..., Ryan Blaney <blaneyryan@...> wrote:

                  > I would be in for epic ancients if there is space.
                  >
                  > Ry
                  >
                  > Sent from my iPad
                  >
                  > On 2013-10-30, at 8:51 AM, "troy_chard" <troy.chard@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > I'd be stoked to play Twilight Struggle, but I'm going to be hosting/playing Commands&Colors Epic Ancients at 11 on Sunday with Rob.
                  > >
                  > > You (and anybody else) are welcome to join though.
                  > >
                  > > Troy

                • steve.lieske
                  Message 8 of 10 , 30 Oct, 2013
                    Hi Rick,

                    Let's plan to play a game of Hannibal. We can talk at the con and figure out a time.

                    Steve

                    --- In BottosCon@..., Rick Smith <rsmith@...> wrote:

                    > I mostly play pickup games but if sometime Sunday
                    > you are free, I would be very interested in playing
                    > Hannibal: Rome vs. C.
                    >
                    > Warm regards, Rick.
                    >
                    > On Wed, 2013-30-10 at 07:06 +0000, talonz51 wrote:
                    > >
                    > > --- In BottosCon@..., "steve.lieske" <steve@> wrote:
                    > > >

                    > > > I'm looking for a game (or games) on Sunday. Some of the games that I have played recently and will be bringing along are: Labyrinth, Twilight Struggle, Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage or Storm Over Stalingrad. Anyone have some free time on Sunday?
                    > > >

                    > > I dont yet have anything booked sunday either, hoping to find a pickup game of something. I havnt played any of those mentioned, twilight or hannibal both catch my eye if they are teachable in a reasonable timeframe. Im tempted to bring something myself, otherwise I may just see what the boardgaming warriors have on hand sunday.
                    > >
                    > > Geoff

                    > > Yahoo Groups Links

                  • steve.lieske
                    Message 9 of 10 , 30 Oct, 2013
                      Thanks for the responses. I'll try to connect on Friday and set up some times for Sunday.

                      Steve

                      Message 10 of 10 , 30 Oct, 2013
                        Sounds Good! See you soon.

                        rick