Games ASL - Wargames - Similar high strategy in depth gaming

  • Erthshielder
    Message 1 of 7 , 6 Nov, 2013
      Hi all I have not done much here with this group. I used to live on Vancouver Island and the ASL group there is quite small. I like ASL significantly and was getting quite into it when I lived in Toronto. I completely lost touch with it and all the players however when I moved to the Island. Even in Toronto I was fairly "new" at the game though I did participate in one tournament. I REALLY would like to get back into the scene and start playing full time again. I work Wednesday to Saturday most weeks however which leaves my playtime quite limited especially when most people can only play on the weekend. I did get this weekend off however so I can now officially come to Bottos-Con woo BUT I would like to be "inserted" into some games if at all possible. I as noted would REALLY like some ASL games and would love to be in the tournament though I am pretty sure with how newbish and rusty I am I would be rather difficult to play with. If anyone out there is up for the task please feel free to get in touch with me. I also would love to have a regular weekly game if anyone wants to join me in Richmond, on Sunday or Mondays I have all day on both those days to play. I ONLY have the old set of rules at present however and would need to leach the new set off someone until Christmas when I expect to get one in my stocking :) If anyone has any other games they would like to play that are high strategy and heavy thinking I am all for it. I still have not enjoyed a game of the 1800 series railroad game and have heard those are quite good. Well here's to hoping on such short notice I can get in on some good gaming this weekend. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

      CR
    • George & Charlene Kelln
      Message 2 of 7 , 6 Nov, 2013
        CR,

        ASL will be played starting Friday at Noon and continuing until Sunday 4pm, all levels of experience are welcomed; all is needed is for you to show up and enjoy yourself.

        George

        Message 3 of 7 , 6 Nov, 2013
          George, what time do you expect to be onsite on Friday?
          Rob
          --- In BottosCon@..., "George & Charlene Kelln" <cgkelln@...> wrote:

          > CR,
          >
          > ASL will be played starting Friday at Noon and continuing until Sunday 4pm, all levels of experience are welcomed; all is needed is for you to show up and enjoy yourself.
          >
          > George

        • George & Charlene Kelln
          Message 4 of 7 , 6 Nov, 2013
            Rob,

            We're on the 9.00 am ferry, so we should be rolling in just before noon.

            George

            Message 5 of 7 , 6 Nov, 2013
              Sounds good George. See you then. Make sure you don't go to the old location :-)
              Rob
              --- In BottosCon@..., "George & Charlene Kelln" <cgkelln@...> wrote:

              > Rob,
              >
              > We're on the 9.00 am ferry, so we should be rolling in just before noon.
              >
              > George

            • Rick
              Message 6 of 7 , 7 Nov, 2013
                CR, I look forward to meeting you and talking in more detail at the Con. I live in Coquitlam (a bit of a hike from Richmond) but I play ASL and other complex/detailed wargames regularly every week. I have a large basement with several tables so I can leave games set up for as long as I like. I host ASL Fridays at my place every week and several other games on other days of the week. I'm sure we can find a time that works for both of us if you are interested.

                Rick

                --- In BottosCon@..., "Erthshielder" <erthshielder@...> wrote:

                > Hi all I have not done much here with this group. I used to live on Vancouver Island and the ASL group there is quite small. I like ASL significantly and was getting quite into it when I lived in Toronto. I completely lost touch with it and all the players however when I moved to the Island. Even in Toronto I was fairly "new" at the game though I did participate in one tournament. I REALLY would like to get back into the scene and start playing full time again. I work Wednesday to Saturday most weeks however which leaves my playtime quite limited especially when most people can only play on the weekend. I did get this weekend off however so I can now officially come to Bottos-Con woo BUT I would like to be "inserted" into some games if at all possible. I as noted would REALLY like some ASL games and would love to be in the tournament though I am pretty sure with how newbish and rusty I am I would be rather difficult to play with. If anyone out there is up for the task please feel free to get in touch with me. I also would love to have a regular weekly game if anyone wants to join me in Richmond, on Sunday or Mondays I have all day on both those days to play. I ONLY have the old set of rules at present however and would need to leach the new set off someone until Christmas when I expect to get one in my stocking :) If anyone has any other games they would like to play that are high strategy and heavy thinking I am all for it. I still have not enjoyed a game of the 1800 series railroad game and have heard those are quite good. Well here's to hoping on such short notice I can get in on some good gaming this weekend. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
                >
                > CR

              • Erthshielder
                Message 7 of 7 , 7 Nov, 2013
                  Well due to an extensively late pick up tonight 2230 I won't be in to the con until noon-1 ish, hope that's not too late it appears to be starting around then anyway so hopefully I won't miss too much.

                  CR