BottosCon 2013 wrap up

    Message 1 of 4 , 13 Nov, 2013
      Well another BottosCon is in the books and all I can say is wow! I wanted to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you that attended and helped to make this our most successful BottosCon to date.

      You are the reason BottosCon continues to be the great convention that it is.

      Throughout the course of the weekend I did my best to check in with you and gauge your reaction to our new location, and at the same time I was speaking to the hotel staff to see how they were reacting to us.

      I'm pleased to report that the hotel was very impressed with our event and wants our business back and based on the feedback you gave me, I've told the hotel we will be back.

      Mark your calendars for November 7-9, 2014 as that is when BottosCon will be making it's return appearance at the Vancouver Sheraton Guildford hotel. Same great hours, same great location, and most importantly the same great attendees.

      We successfully moved to a new location and still managed to increase our attendance.

      92 people attended the convention over the course of the weekend.

      21 people were first time attendees.

      20 people came from out of the Country to attend our event.

      10 people came from Vancouver Island.

      2 people came from out of Province.

      BottosCon continues to be a couples/family friendly event.

      BottosCon continues to be more than just a gaming convention. This year we collected 40lbs of non-perishable food items for the Tri-Cities Share Society Food Bank. Look for our charitable works to continue at next year's convention. My goal is that each and every attendee will have an item to contribute.

      Two new events were added to the convention this year, Wings of Glory, and X-Wing. These will return in 2014.

      This site will soon go dormant, but if you have any feedback, good, bad, or indifferent, I want to hear it.

      While you eagerly wait for next November to get here, give some thought to the following gaming conventions taking place in Washington State.

      Game On! February 6-9,2014

      Dragonflight Flight August 8-10, 2014

      David Rice took some absolutely wonderful pictures on Saturday and here is a link to where they have been posted online.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/cameramn/sets/72157637500610704/

      In the past I've singled people out for special thanks. This year I'm just going to conclude with a thank you to everyone as you are all deserving of thanks, and each of you helped in your own way to make this the best BottosCon to date.

      I'll see you all next November if not sooner.

      Rob Bottos
      BottosCon Actual
    • Kevin Deitrick
      Message 2 of 4 , 15 Nov, 2013
        Rob,
        Thanks for the time and effort you put into bringing this together. It was a great time.

        KC

        --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <scouterrob@...> wrote:

        > Well another BottosCon is in the books and all I can say is wow! I wanted to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you that attended and helped to make this our most successful BottosCon to date.
        >
        > You are the reason BottosCon continues to be the great convention that it is.
        >
        > Throughout the course of the weekend I did my best to check in with you and gauge your reaction to our new location, and at the same time I was speaking to the hotel staff to see how they were reacting to us.
        >
        > I'm pleased to report that the hotel was very impressed with our event and wants our business back and based on the feedback you gave me, I've told the hotel we will be back.
        >
        > Mark your calendars for November 7-9, 2014 as that is when BottosCon will be making it's return appearance at the Vancouver Sheraton Guildford hotel. Same great hours, same great location, and most importantly the same great attendees.
        >
        > We successfully moved to a new location and still managed to increase our attendance.
        >
        > 92 people attended the convention over the course of the weekend.
        >
        > 21 people were first time attendees.
        >
        > 20 people came from out of the Country to attend our event.
        >
        > 10 people came from Vancouver Island.
        >
        > 2 people came from out of Province.
        >
        > BottosCon continues to be a couples/family friendly event.
        >
        > BottosCon continues to be more than just a gaming convention. This year we collected 40lbs of non-perishable food items for the Tri-Cities Share Society Food Bank. Look for our charitable works to continue at next year's convention. My goal is that each and every attendee will have an item to contribute.
        >
        > Two new events were added to the convention this year, Wings of Glory, and X-Wing. These will return in 2014.
        >
        > This site will soon go dormant, but if you have any feedback, good, bad, or indifferent, I want to hear it.
        >
        > While you eagerly wait for next November to get here, give some thought to the following gaming conventions taking place in Washington State.
        >
        > Game On! February 6-9,2014
        >
        > Dragonflight Flight August 8-10, 2014
        >
        > David Rice took some absolutely wonderful pictures on Saturday and here is a link to where they have been posted online.
        >
        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/cameramn/sets/72157637500610704/
        >
        > In the past I've singled people out for special thanks. This year I'm just going to conclude with a thank you to everyone as you are all deserving of thanks, and each of you helped in your own way to make this the best BottosCon to date.
        >
        > I'll see you all next November if not sooner.
        >
        > Rob Bottos
        > BottosCon Actual

      • troy_chard
        Message 3 of 4 , 15 Nov, 2013
          Here here!

          Thanks Rob, I'm proud to say I played in a big game with the host of the convention :D

          Troy
          Message 4 of 4 , 16 Nov, 2013
            Troy, it was a pleasure having you at the convention....and I did say if you'll recall may the best carthagenian win :)

            We'll have to get in a rematch at next year's BottosCon :)
            Rob