Games for sale at BottosCon 2014

  • yrl1967
    Message 1 of 4 , 25 Feb, 2014
      Hello fellow BottosCon attendees,

      This is way way way early of course, but I'm kinda hoping others will join me in this at BottosCon this fall.

      I have a lot of games that are cluttering my shelf that I would like to re-home. However, there's a fair number of them that aren't worth a lot of money, and the trouble of selling them is almost more than the money I'd make off it.

      And taking them to the thrift shop would make me sad.

      So my idea is that, with Rob's permission, I'd bring the boxes of games I don't want and people could take them in exchange for a cash donation to the food bank - I get rid of games (good), you get to donate to a good cause (good), and the food bank benefits (awesome).

      Roger
    • Rick Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , 26 Feb, 2014
        That sounds good to me!

        Rick

        On Tue, 2014-25-02 at 20:49 -0800, yrl1967@... wrote:

        > So my idea is that, with Rob's permission, I'd bring the boxes of
        > games I don't want and people could take them in exchange for a cash
        > donation to the food bank - I get rid of games (good), you get to
        > donate to a good cause (good), and the food bank benefits (awesome).
        >

        > Roger

      • talonz51
        Message 3 of 4 , 26 Feb, 2014

          If I might suggest, post the list and let people 'bid' for them via number of food items.

        • Roger Leroux
          Message 4 of 4 , 26 Feb, 2014
            The con has always asked for food donations, so I don't want to take away from that.

            And I don't seriously expect people to "bid" on, say, Avalon Hill's Shakespeare game. And listing everything would be a lot of work. I'm proposing to simply have a box or boxes of games labelled "by donation", and the buyer can decide what they want to pay, cash only please, 100% of the proceeds to the food bank.

            Sent from my iPad