World War 1 themed games

    Message 1 of 11 , 22 Aug, 2014

      Guys, given that this year marks the 100th anniversary of the beginning of The Great War, it would be great to see some World War One themed games played at the convention. So far we have:

      1. Wings of Glory

      2. Michael Resch's playtest of his game on the Serbian Front.

      3. At Neuve Chapelle - potential rematch between Mark Woloshen and myself.

      Are there any other games players would like to play? I'd like to get these games grouped in one area.

      Message 2 of 11 , 22 Aug, 2014
        Is anyone interested in playing DG Over the Top on Sunday?
        I haven’t played any of it yet but I do hear it’s unbalanced. I would still be interested in playing.

        Duncan

        Message 3 of 11 , 22 Aug, 2014
          Duncan, I recall you mentioning Paths of Glory too.

          I was gonna pipe up sooner, but the Con's not for some time and I didn't
          want to book everything too soon myself.

          That said, I'd definitely be interested in playing Paths of Glory
          against yourself of anyone else at some point during the convention.

          It'd be cool to see Jutland out too if anybody's playing that one?

          Troy
          Message 4 of 11 , 22 Aug, 2014
            I would definitely be interested in Paths of Glory. My copy is in the shrink wrap still. I could play Saturday or Sunday. I don’t know how long a game takes. Do you want to commit now or wait on it?

            Duncan

            Message 5 of 11 , 22 Aug, 2014
              Let's wait on it and see how things emerge. It'd probably be 5-6 hours
              to play a full game. Worst case we're both in the lower mainland I
              think ( I am) so we could always meet outside the Con for a game too :)

              Troy

                Message 7 of 11 , 23 Aug, 2014
                  Jutland would be a good choice.  Basic and advanced rules are available at Boardgamgeek.
                • Troy Chard
                  Message 8 of 11 , 23 Aug, 2014
                    Agreed, and, at a convention, we could make use a section of floor or a
                    couple tables connected for a huge ocean area?

                    Ah Jutland, I don't think I've played it in 30 years or so. That could
                    be a good one to play at the convention :)

                    Troy
                  • scotmcconnachie
                    Message 9 of 11 , 27 Aug, 2014

                      Hello Rob,

                      Please add Gallipoli, 1915: Churchill's Greatest Gamble for playtesting all weekend at the con. We will need space for three full size map sections. I think we have a decent chance of finishing a full game during the weekend.

                      The designer, Geoff Phipps, will be joining the Seattle group this year.

                      Scot McConnachie

                    • duncanr@telus.net
                      Message 10 of 11 , 27 Aug, 2014
                        Dan Carey will run Fire in the Lake Saturday morning. Please add his game to the database.

                        .

                      • duncanr@telus.net
                        Message 11 of 11 , 27 Aug, 2014
                          10am to 3pm