BottosCon 2014 Database Issues

    Message 1 of 12 , 10 Sep, 2014

      Guys, a lot of people seem to be having difficulty accessing the database. Without more information I don't know how to address your issue. Please review the following steps, if you continue to have problems please message me directly at scouterrob@...

      1. First, make sure you are logged into the yahoo site. If you are not a member of the group, you can see the messages but you can not interact.

      2. Once you are logged in, on the main page you will see 4 pull down tabs across the top of the page. Conversations. Photos. About. More. Click in the more tab.

      3. From the pulldown menu, select database.

      4. You will now gave access to all of the databases. Choose the BottosCon 2014 schedule.

      5. Once you are in the database, you can create a new event by clicking on the add row tab. Please fill in all the required boxes, or as much information as you have.

      6. To edit an event, you will see an edit/delete symbol on the left of each event. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be very careful and do not accidentally delete someone's event.

      7. I want to have the game schedule and events finalized NO LATER than October 30, 2014 so Art Brochet can do the table layout. We then need to communicate this information to the hotel. Events not finalized by October 30, or submitted after the deadline are subject to space availability on the day of the convention.

      8. I have noticed that when using my smartphone I can view the yahoo site but can't post or access the database.

      9. When using my tablet, the site sometimes freezes up. I'm using an Android tablet.

      I hope this information helps everyone out. As I said I am having a new site constructed, but I do not believe it will be ready in time for this year's convention.

      Thank you for your patience and understanding. I look forward to seeing all of you thus  November, if not sooner.

      Rob Bottos

      BottosCon Actual

      PS. If you haven't registered yet, or made your hotel reservation, please do so post haste :-)

    • Gogomax49@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 12 , 10 Sep, 2014
        Rob,

        The problem is that step (6) doesn't work - there is no visible option to edit an event. Check your moderator options and see if you can let all members edit that database, or all files.

        Jay

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 12 , 10 Sep, 2014
          Jay, I have checked the moderator and group settings 3 times now and other than for polls, everything is open to all members of the group. What type of device are you trying to access the site with? What browser? Is anyone else having the type of problem Jay is having? If someone with more technical savvy would like to help troubleshoot this problem it would be greatly appreciated. In the interim Jsy, if you let me know what events you need your name added to, or event you need edited, I will be happy to do that for you.
          Message 4 of 12 , 10 Sep, 2014

            Message 5 of 12 , 10 Sep, 2014
              Rob, I'm using Safari on my laptop. Every other feature in the group works, including adding rows, but there is no place to edit existing content.

              Please add me too:

              -Space Empires on Saturday whenever it's starting.

              - Fighting Formations 1 pm Friday with Andrei

              - Panzer Friday evening. Put Les down on that one as well with a question mark beside him because he hasn't verified that time yet.

              - if there's a late late night Gunslinger on Sat night (after a Distant Plain) sign me up! Pow pow!

              Thanks, Rob.

              Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 12 , 10 Sep, 2014
                Jay, I have checked the moderator and group settings 3 times now and other than for polls, everything is open to all members of the group. What type of device are you trying to access the site with? What browser? Is anyone else having the type of problem Jay is having? If someone with more technical savvy would like to help troubleshoot this problem it would be greatly appreciated. In the interim Jsy, if you let me know what events you need your name added to, or event you need edited, I will be happy to do that for you.
              • danielcar67
                Message 7 of 12 , 10 Sep, 2014
                  Rob,
                      I cannot edit the database.  I even signed out then signed back in on my desk top computer.  I can add a row, but there is no edit/delete symbol that I can see on the left of each event. ???

                  Dan C.

                  In a message dated 9/10/2014 5:58:54 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, BottosCon@... writes:

[...]

                  9. When using my tablet, the site sometimes freezes up. I'm using an Android tablet.< /span>

                  Message 8 of 12 , 10 Sep, 2014
                    Jay, you're added to both Space Empires and Fighting Formations. I see that Martin is running Panzer on Sunday morning. Are you also running Panzer on Friday evening?
                    Message 9 of 12 , 10 Sep, 2014
                      Put Panzer on Friday evening with my name on it - it's up in the air at the moment. Lets see what happens.

                      Also put 1805: Sea of Glory on Friday evening with my name, as another option.

                      I could play either of those, or Andrei and I might play a longer Fighting Formations game that goes into the evening, if he wants. Who knows. Or I'll jump onto something else...

                      Jay

                      Message 10 of 12 , 10 Sep, 2014
                        Done.
                      • hogan_mm
                        Message 11 of 12 , 10 Sep, 2014
                          Hi Rob,

                          Could you perhaps try the following steps and see if there is anything in there that allows you to enable database editing for non-moderator group members? I believe the setting is not a per user setting, but one that determines whether all or no non-moderator members can edit database records.

                          Cheers,

                          Martin

                          Message 12 of 12 , 11 Sep, 2014
                            Martin, that's exactly what I did. I followed those steps and selected the option for all members to be able to see/edit on the website. I'm baffled as to why you guys can't seem to edit.