New Site, new Discussion Group (goodbye Yahoo!)

  • hogan_mm
    Message 1 of 1 , 13 Sep, 2014

      Friends of BottosCon,

      The day has come for us to say goodbye to Yahoo. The site served us well for the past seven BottosCon events. But Yahoo has unfortunately not kept up with our growth and expectations for what a good site should do – e.g. allowing users to edit their own database entries, not annoying us with advertising.

      We now have a new discussion group – and our own proper website – at Google. The transition period will likely be a little rough, but Rob and I are confident that your experience as a user will be much better overall.

      Here is how this will happen:

      • You will receive an invitation to join the Google Group. Please follow the requested steps and you will have full access to the new Discussion Group and the new Website.

      • The Attendance list, Game Schedule and Resources have been transferred to the new website. Please check and let us know if anything is out of order.

      • We will leave the old messages behind here at Yahoo, but please start posting on the new site going forward. We will leave the Yahoo Group active mainly for anyone needing to report troubles getting onto the new new group.

      • Other than the message feature, the Yahoo Group is now read only. Edit the game schedule and post other resources on the new site from now on.

      • Provide us lots of feedback, both on what you like and where we can improve on the new setup.

      • If you haven’t already signed up for BottosCon 2014, you are in luck: The new Registration pages makes it easy for you.

      Hopefully you will agree that we have made the right choice.

      See you at BottosCon 2014 in 55 days – and at the new BottosCon Site and the new Discussion Group right away!

      Rob (BottosCon Actual) and Martin (Web Man)