Hube's Plans - victory & incentives

  • Art Brochet
    Message 1 of 1 , 2 Nov, 2014
      Gentlemen -

      Not that OCS players are known for caring more about winning than playing, but it is nice to know what the objectives are.  So here's what we will be using for our BottosCon 2014 OCS game.

      At the end of turn 4, a scenario victory will be determined for each game according to the Hube's Pocket rules: if Soviet's have 3 of the 4 objective cities, they win; less than 2 they lose; if exactly 2 - it's a draw.   HOWEVER - the campaign VPs will be counted at the end of each German player turn to determine the possibility of a sudden death victory.  If at the end of the 4th turn there is a scenario victory draw, the Germans win if the Soviets do not have at least 12 points.

      IN ADDITION, if 5 or more turns are completed before Sunday at noon in a game, the campaign victory conditions will be used to determine a Campaign winner (likely the same, but who can say?).

      Now - as for incentives.

      Turns will not be timed, but players are urged to play with the 80/20 rule in mind - focus on what's important first and move on; twiddling with the last 20% narrows your focus and takes takes too much time for too little result.  (Don't be that guy who counts out three ways of doing something that you decide not to do after all.)

      With this in mind, players participating in the slower game will buy players participating in the faster game one beverage of their choice at each mid-day and evening meal break.  (I'll suggest common meal times for camaraderie and expediting play.)  Furthermore, players in whichever game has completed more phases by noon on Sunday will be awarded bragging rights for being more decisive, better organized and generally more fun to game with.

      Lastly, a post game confab will be held to select (by popular vote) Special Player Awards:
      Best OCS rules mastery
      Most gracious opponent
      Luckiest son-of-a-bitch

      Mini-bottles of vodka or schnapps to all Scenario Winners and Special Players!

      - Art