dispatches from the Front

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 5 , 10 Aug, 2009
      Just wanted to let everyone know that I've heard back from George Kelln and it's official, the 2009 ASL West Coast Rumble will be joining us for a return engagement at this year's BottosCon.

      At the same time, Stephen Newberg will be making his third appearance at our gaming convention and in addition to Grand Fleet, he will be bringing two nw games he has in development. One is a Naval game and the other is a block game. Here is what Stephen had tp say about these games:

      The naval game is SETTING SUN, RISING SUN, The Russo-Japanese War, 1904-1905. Its a strategic naval game, sharing some aspects of GRAND FLEET, but altered a good deal for the pre-dreadnought time frame. Individual ships represented down to balloon tenders. :)

      The land game is a block game, first of those I have done, called ONCE WE MOVED LIKE THE WIND, The Apache Wars, 1861-1886. Aside from using fog of war block systems and the step reduction thing common to block games, it shares pretty much nothing with any prior game.

      I recently attended Dragonflight and made sure to talk up our convention and handed out some nifty flyers - courtesey of Anthony Santiago, and got some very good feedback. Look to see an increased presence from south of the border. Art Brochet and Charlie Shepperd will once again venture north by train to our fair city and will be coordinating for anyone interested in joining them.
    • Jeff Newell
      Message 2 of 5 , 10 Aug, 2009

        ONCE WE MOVED LIKE THE WIND,”

        Once, I broke like the wind.  Actually, am right now.

        Jeff

        Message 3 of 5 , 10 Aug, 2009
          --- In BottosCon@..., "Jeff Newell" <jnewell68@...> wrote:

          > "ONCE WE MOVED LIKE THE WIND,"
          >

          > Once, I broke like the wind. Actually, am right now.

          So, aside from your talent for juvenile jokes, we are to conclude you are really an old fart? ;)

          "I was born on the prairies where the wind blew free and there was no thing to break the light of the sun. I was born where there were no enclosures." - Geronimo.

          pax, smn
        • Jeff Newell
          Message 4 of 5 , 10 Aug, 2009

            Lets just say I’m a big CHEESE who likes to CUT it up.

            Jeff

            Message 5 of 5 , 10 Aug, 2009
              --- In BottosCon@..., "Jeff Newell" <jnewell68@...> wrote:

              > Lets just say I'm a big CHEESE who likes to CUT it up.

              OK, smelly old fart, then. ;)

              pax, smn