Air Combat games

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 9 , 11 Aug, 2009
      Boyd Schorzman and J.D. Webster put on a very succesful demonstration of Fighting Wing this past weekend at Dragonflight - in fact it was one of the top 3 games in terms of participation. Is there any interest in having a similar event at Bottoscon this year?
    • Stephen Graham
      Message 2 of 9 , 11 Aug, 2009
        At 12:56 PM 8/11/2009, you wrote:

        >Boyd Schorzman and J.D. Webster put on a very succesful
        >demonstration of Fighting Wing this past weekend at Dragonflight -
        >in fact it was one of the top 3 games in terms of participation. Is
        >there any interest in having a similar event at Bottoscon this year?

        That's an option to consider. Anyone else interested in doing that
        for part of a day or more?
      • Stephen Newberg
        Message 3 of 9 , 11 Aug, 2009
          --- In BottosCon@..., "Rob" <ScouterRob@...> wrote:

          > Boyd Schorzman and J.D. Webster put on a very succesful demonstration of Fighting Wing this past weekend at Dragonflight - in fact it was one of the top 3 games in terms of participation. Is there any interest in having a similar event at Bottoscon this year?

          I do not remember the name of the air combat game that was played on the second day last time, but it went very well and I would be happy to play it again.

          pax, smn
        • Rob
          Message 4 of 9 , 11 Aug, 2009
            StStephen, that was Wings of War and I'm hoping the Trumpeters will be returning to run a similar event this year.
            Rob

            --- In BottosCon@..., "Stephen Newberg" <newbergwong@...> wrote:

            > --- In BottosCon@..., "Rob" <ScouterRob@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Boyd Schorzman and J.D. Webster put on a very succesful demonstration of Fighting Wing this past weekend at Dragonflight - in fact it was one of the top 3 games in terms of participation. Is there any interest in having a similar event at Bottoscon this year?
            > >

            > I do not remember the name of the air combat game that was played on the second day last time, but it went very well and I would be happy to play it again.
            >
            > pax, smn

          • Rob
            Message 5 of 9 , 13 Aug, 2009
              I stand corrected, the aircombat game that was run last year was "Check Your Six".

              --- In BottosCon@..., "Rob" <ScouterRob@...> wrote:

              > StStephen, that was Wings of War and I'm hoping the Trumpeters will be returning to run a similar event this year.
              > Rob
              >
              > --- In BottosCon@..., "Stephen Newberg" <newbergwong@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In BottosCon@..., "Rob" <ScouterRob@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Boyd Schorzman and J.D. Webster put on a very succesful demonstration of Fighting Wing this past weekend at Dragonflight - in fact it was one of the top 3 games in terms of participation. Is there any interest in having a similar event at Bottoscon this year?
              > > >

              > > I do not remember the name of the air combat game that was played on the second day last time, but it went very well and I would be happy to play it again.
              > >
              > > pax, smn

            • Stephen Newberg
              Message 6 of 9 , 13 Aug, 2009
                Right. That sounds more familiar. It was fun.

                Oh, and by the way, from your header, I am not 'formally' from Simulations Canada, the firm is still alive and well, I still own it, and the new games being worked on come from it and then go to other firms for publication. SimCan just does not print things any more. :)

                pax, smn

                --- In BottosCon@..., "Rob" <ScouterRob@...> wrote:

                > I stand corrected, the aircombat game that was run last year was "Check Your Six".
                >
                > --- In BottosCon@..., "Rob" <ScouterRob@> wrote:
                > >
                > > StStephen, that was Wings of War and I'm hoping the Trumpeters will be returning to run a similar event this year.
                > > Rob
                > >
                > > --- In BottosCon@..., "Stephen Newberg" <newbergwong@> wrote:

                > > > I do not remember the name of the air combat game that was played on the second day last time, but it went very well and I would be happy to play it again.
                > > >
                > > > pax, smn

              • Rob
                Message 7 of 9 , 13 Aug, 2009
                  Stephen, point noted and corrected.
                  Rob

                  --- In BottosCon@..., "Stephen Newberg" <newbergwong@...> wrote:

                  > Right. That sounds more familiar. It was fun.
                  >
                  > Oh, and by the way, from your header, I am not 'formally' from Simulations Canada, the firm is still alive and well, I still own it, and the new games being worked on come from it and then go to other firms for publication. SimCan just does not print things any more. :)
                  >
                  > pax, smn
                  >
                  > --- In BottosCon@..., "Rob" <ScouterRob@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I stand corrected, the aircombat game that was run last year was "Check Your Six".
                  > >
                  > > --- In BottosCon@..., "Rob" <ScouterRob@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > StStephen, that was Wings of War and I'm hoping the Trumpeters will be returning to run a similar event this year.
                  > > > Rob

                • Bill Gustafson
                  Message 8 of 9 , 13 Aug, 2009
                    Stephen Newberg wrote:

                    > Right. That sounds more familiar. It was fun.
                    >
                    > Oh, and by the way, from your header, I am not 'formally' from
                    > Simulations Canada, the firm is still alive and well, I still own it,
                    > and the new games being worked on come from it and then go to other
                    > firms for publication. SimCan just does not print things any more. :)

                    So, SimCan is more of a jeans and t-shirt kind of place? ;-)

                    Bill

                    > pax, smn
                    >
                    > --- In BottosCon@... <mailto:BottosCon%40yahoogroups.ca>,
                    > "Rob" <ScouterRob@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I stand corrected, the aircombat game that was run last year was
                    > "Check Your Six".
                    > >
                    > > --- In BottosCon@... <mailto:BottosCon%40yahoogroups.ca>,
                    > "Rob" <ScouterRob@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > StStephen, that was Wings of War and I'm hoping the Trumpeters
                    > will be returning to run a similar event this year.
                    > > > Rob
                    > > >
                    > > > --- In BottosCon@...
                    > <mailto:BottosCon%40yahoogroups.ca>, "Stephen Newberg" <newbergwong@>

                    > demonstration of Fighting Wing this past weekend at Dragonflight - in
                    > fact it was one of the top 3 games in terms of participation. Is there
                    > any interest in having a similar event at Bottoscon this year?

                    > played on the second day last time, but it went very well and I would
                    > be happy to play it again.

                  • Stephen Newberg
                    Message 9 of 9 , 14 Aug, 2009
                      --- In BottosCon@..., Bill Gustafson <billg@...> wrote:

                      > So, SimCan is more of a jeans and t-shirt kind of place? ;-)
                      >
                      > Bill

                      :) Shorts and t-shirts this time of year... ;)

                      pax, smn