Rick's Plans.

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 7 , 29 Oct, 2009
      Hi Rob,
      Sorry I've been so slow answering your question about
      what I've planned, but the fact of the matter I don't
      really have plans.

      I was thinking of bringing a collection of Eurogames
      and lighter war games and then being available to play
      with people who drop in, or anyone waiting a couple
      hours for something to start later.

      I also think that it is good to have some games with
      less than 25 pages of rules for people who are new to
      the hobby.

      Anyway, I was thinking of playing host for Friday,
      get in a few games on Saturday including your Twilight
      Struggle and leave Sunday open. Thus I would like a
      table on Friday, but not Sat or Sun.

      Warm regards, Rick.
    • stephen
      Message 2 of 7 , 29 Oct, 2009
        --- In BottosCon@..., "Rick" <rsmith@...> wrote:

        > I also think that it is good to have some games with
        > less than 25 pages of rules for people who are new to
        > the hobby.

        I think that is good for those of us who are old to the hobby... ;)

        pax, smn
      • Michel Boucher
        Message 3 of 7 , 29 Oct, 2009
          stephen wrote:

          > --- In BottosCon@..., "Rick" <rsmith@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> I also think that it is good to have some games with
          >> less than 25 pages of rules for people who are new to
          >> the hobby.
          >
          > I think that is good for those of us who are old to the hobby... ;)

          That's why I am bringing Victory Point Games. Nice sized counters,
          readable maps, 4 to 8 pages of rules.

          --

          “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest
          of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest
          Message 4 of 7 , 30 Oct, 2009
            That sounds like a good plan, I now prefer wargames with less than 20 pages of rules including the scenarios :-) I like to play against the opponent rather than the rules.

            For gaming I have no plans for Friday, Sat morning and Sunday so hope to try a few wargames, old classics would be cool. Any SCS stuff this year?

            Clayton

            Posted by: "Rick" rsmith@...   richardwaynesmith

            Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:37 am (EST)

            Hi Rob,
            Sorry I've been so slow answering your question about
            what I've planned, but the fact of the matter I don't
            really have plans.

            I was thinking of bringing a collection of Eurogames
            and lighter war games and then being available to play
            with people who drop in, or anyone waiting a couple
            hours for something to start later.

            I also think that it is good to have some games with
            less than 25 pages of rules for people who are new to
            the hobby.

            Anyway, I was thinking of playing host for Friday,
            get in a few games on Saturday including your Twilight
            Struggle and leave Sunday open. Thus I would like a
            table on Friday, but not Sat or Sun.

            Ready…Set…Get a great deal on Windows 7 See phenomenal deals on Windows 7 now
          • stephen
            Message 5 of 7 , 30 Oct, 2009
              Did you want to give SETTING SUN, RISING SUN a run, Clayton? Fits your requirements to a tee. :)

              pax, smn

              --- In BottosCon@..., Clayton Baisch <klaytonz@...> wrote:

              > That sounds like a good plan, I now prefer wargames with less than 20 pages of rules including the scenarios :-) I like to play against the opponent rather than the rules.
              >

              > For gaming I have no plans for Friday, Sat morning and Sunday so hope to try a few wargames, old classics would be cool. Any SCS stuff this year?
              >

              > Clayton
              >

              > Posted by: "Rick" rsmith@... richardwaynesmith
              > Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:37 am (EST)
              >

              > Hi Rob,
              > Sorry I've been so slow answering your question about
              > what I've planned, but the fact of the matter I don't
              > really have plans.
              >
              > I was thinking of bringing a collection of Eurogames
              > and lighter war games and then being available to play
              > with people who drop in, or anyone waiting a couple
              > hours for something to start later.
              >
              > I also think that it is good to have some games with
              > less than 25 pages of rules for people who are new to
              > the hobby.
              >
              > Anyway, I was thinking of playing host for Friday,
              > get in a few games on Saturday including your Twilight
              > Struggle and leave Sunday open. Thus I would like a
              > table on Friday, but not Sat or Sun.

              > Save up to 84% on Windows 7 until Jan 3—eligible CDN College & University students only. Hurry—buy it now for $39.99!
              > http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9691635

            • Clayton
              Message 6 of 7 , 31 Oct, 2009
                Russo Japanese War? I'm up for that and found someone else interested.

                Clayton

                --- In BottosCon@..., "stephen" <newbergwong@...> wrote:

                > Did you want to give SETTING SUN, RISING SUN a run, Clayton? Fits your requirements to a tee. :)
                >
                > pax, smn

              • stephen
                Message 7 of 7 , 1 Nov, 2009
                  Excellent. Did you want me to send you a copy of the rules ahead of time so you can pre-read them? If so, please ping me with your email. I am at:

                  newbergwong@...

                  pax, smn