Games to be considered for BottosCon 2010

    Message 1 of 31 , 20 Aug, 2010
      I thought it would be a good time to get some chatter going about games to be played at BottosCon 2010.

      1. ASL West Coast Rumble - third year running by George Kelln.

      2. Up Front - run by Andrew Nick on Friday evening.

      3. Flattop - Art Brochet is thinking of running a multi-player refereed game. The talk at Dragonflight was about using the forces for Midway in an alternative battle.

      4. Vimy Ridge: Canada on the Attack - Scot McConnachie is leaning towards running this classic Kerry Anderson game.

      5. None But Heroes: Antietam - if there is sufficient interest I will run this game as it uses Dean Essig's new Line of Battle Rules. I'll want a firm committment as I need to re-assemble my playtest kit.

      6. Normandy '44 - this game lends itself quite nicely to team play. any takers?

      7. Men of Iron Marathon - are there any takers for a Men of Iron mini-Marathon? Could include aplaytest of some of the Infidel scenarios.

      Any other suggestions?
      Message 31 of 31 , 24 Aug, 2010
        Andrew, just my two cents worth, but you might want to tighten up your tournament format in terms of rules and scenarios to be played. This way the players can focus on the game and not the discussion of what rules they do or do not know and which scenario they will play.

        Pick the game rules and variants you want, post them, and this way the players have 2 months to review the rules. In the interim you can research/design some scenarios and have them ready for the tournament start. If you want the Italians to be used, pick a campaign that includes the Italians. When George Kelln runs his ASL tournament he generally posts the scenarios ahead of time so players can get familiar with them.

        Just some random thoughts.
        Rob
        BottosCon Actual