Up Front and ASLSK

    Message 1 of 11 , 25 Aug, 2010
      If anyone wants a warm up game of Up Front or ASLSK I am available from around Sept 6 to Sept 15.

      Duncan
    • king_of_grilled_cheese
      Message 2 of 11 , 25 Aug, 2010
        Super idea, Duncan!

        I'm hosting an Up Front clinic at Me 'n' Ed's Pizzeria in Burnaby (7110 Hall Ave) at the Greater Vancouver Group Monthly Meetup on Tuesday, September 7th, from 3pm - 6pm (after which it's open gaming, although there's no reason more Up Front couldn't be played ... ). Three players already confirmed.

        I'm also thinking of having more Up Front clinics (just not sure yet if I can host it ... ) at September's and October's Friday Night Bonsor meetings of Trumpeter's.

        All welcome, even rank beginners who want to learn the game or just try it out.

        BTW: welcome to the mailing list's newest member--another Ottawa boy--JACK STALICA! A harder-core gamer you'll likely never meet. Let's hope he decides to actually grace us with his presence this year!

        Andrew

        Message 3 of 11 , 25 Aug, 2010
          I'll be there and bring a copy of Up Front.
          Hm... greasy fingers and a classic out of print boardgame. Better have lots of napkins on hand.

          Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 4:44 PM
          Subject: [BottosCon] Up Front clinics

          Super idea, Duncan!

          I'm hosting an Up Front clinic at Me 'n' Ed's Pizzeria in Burnaby (7110 Hall Ave) at the Greater Vancouver Group Monthly Meetup on Tuesday, September 7th, from 3pm - 6pm (after which it's open gaming, although there's no reason more Up Front couldn't be played ... ). Three players already confirmed.

          I'm also thinking of having more Up Front clinics (just not sure yet if I can host it ... ) at September's and October's Friday Night Bonsor meetings of Trumpeter's.

          All welcome, even rank beginners who want to learn the game or just try it out.

          BTW: welcome to the mailing list's newest member--another Ottawa boy--JACK STALICA! A harder-core gamer you'll likely never meet. Let's hope he decides to actually grace us with his presence this year!

          Andrew

          --- In BottosCon@..., "Duncan Rice" <duncanr@...> wrote:

          > If anyone wants a warm up game of Up Front or ASLSK I am available from around Sept 6 to Sept 15.
          > duncanr@...
          >
          > Duncan

        • king_of_grilled_cheese
          Message 4 of 11 , 25 Aug, 2010
            We only eat at ~6 or 6:30. By then, you could hide your copy :-) My cards are sheathed for extra pleasure ...

            Message 5 of 11 , 28 Aug, 2010
              Andrew, you called me today but I couldn't answer as I was driving and am currently on my way to Alberta.
              Rob
              --- In BottosCon@..., "king_of_grilled_cheese" <andrew@...> wrote:

              > Super idea, Duncan!
              >
              > I'm hosting an Up Front clinic at Me 'n' Ed's Pizzeria in Burnaby (7110 Hall Ave) at the Greater Vancouver Group Monthly Meetup on Tuesday, September 7th, from 3pm - 6pm (after which it's open gaming, although there's no reason more Up Front couldn't be played ... ). Three players already confirmed.
              >
              > I'm also thinking of having more Up Front clinics (just not sure yet if I can host it ... ) at September's and October's Friday Night Bonsor meetings of Trumpeter's.
              >
              > All welcome, even rank beginners who want to learn the game or just try it out.
              >
              > BTW: welcome to the mailing list's newest member--another Ottawa boy--JACK STALICA! A harder-core gamer you'll likely never meet. Let's hope he decides to actually grace us with his presence this year!
              >
              > Andrew
              >
              > --- In BottosCon@..., "Duncan Rice" <duncanr@> wrote:
              > >
              > > If anyone wants a warm up game of Up Front or ASLSK I am available from around Sept 6 to Sept 15.
              > > duncanr@
              > >
              > > Duncan

            • Andrew Nick
              Message 6 of 11 , 28 Aug, 2010

                You leave BRITISH COLUMBIA, to vacation in … ALBERTA?!!

                WTF?  Are you all hopped-up on goofballs, or something?

                "Duncan Rice" <duncanr@> wrote:

                > > If anyone wants a warm up game of Up Front or ASLSK I am available
                from around Sept 6 to Sept 15.
                > > duncanr@
                > >
                > > Duncan

              • Michel Boucher
                Message 7 of 11 , 29 Aug, 2010
                  On 28 Aug 2010 at 20:50, Andrew Nick wrote:

                  > You leave BRITISH COLUMBIA, to vacation in ... ALBERTA?!!
                  >
                  > WTF?  Are you all hopped-up on goofballs, or something?

                  Those cardboard fumes are getting to him. He's showing signs of early
                  disorientation.
                • stephen
                  Message 8 of 11 , 29 Aug, 2010
                    --- In BottosCon@..., "Andrew Nick" <andrew@...> wrote:

                    > You leave BRITISH COLUMBIA, to vacation in . ALBERTA?!!
                    > WTF? Are you all hopped-up on goofballs, or something?

                    Does sound rather off kilter, doesn't it? But I can see, for instance, heading down to the badlands for the Royal Tyrell and maybe their 'go on a dinosaur dig for a week' offering. Past that, ya, must be drugs... ;)

                    pax, smn
                    Message 9 of 11 , 29 Aug, 2010
                      Andrew, not on goofballs. Visiting friends and family. Stayed in Christina Lake last night and tonight I'm staying up near Jasper.

                      Message 10 of 11 , 29 Aug, 2010
                        Actually I'm on a Bottoscon recruiting drive, getting tired of the usual British Columbian riff raff ;)

                        --- In BottosCon@..., "Michel Boucher" <alsandor@...> wrote:

                        > On 28 Aug 2010 at 20:50, Andrew Nick wrote:
                        >
                        > > You leave BRITISH COLUMBIA, to vacation in ... ALBERTA?!!
                        > >
                        > > WTF?  Are you all hopped-up on goofballs, or something?
                        >
                        > Those cardboard fumes are getting to him. He's showing signs of early
                        > disorientation.

                      • stephen
                        Message 11 of 11 , 30 Aug, 2010
                          --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <ScouterRob@...> wrote:

                          > Actually I'm on a Bottoscon recruiting drive, getting tired of the usual British Columbian riff raff ;)

                          Careful there, or they will not let you back in at the border. ;)

                          pax, smn