Turning the Tide

    Message 1 of 12 , 31 Aug, 2010
      Any opinions on Turning the Tide?
      I'm thinking of ordering it.

      Duncan
    • Allen Evenson
      Message 2 of 12 , 31 Aug, 2010
        Hi Duncan,

        I have it but haven't played anything from it.. Check out:

        Mark Pitcavage's site critics.

        Regards,
        Allen

        On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Duncan Rice <duncanr@...> wrote:

        Any opinions on Turning the Tide?
        I'm thinking of ordering it.

        Duncan

      • Andrew Nick
        Message 3 of 12 , 31 Aug, 2010

          PITCAVAGE!

          I wouldn’t put a whole lotta stock in anything he has to say …

          Andrew

          Message 4 of 12 , 1 Sep, 2010
            --- In BottosCon@..., "Andrew Nick" <andrew@...> wrote:

            > PITCAVAGE!
            >
            > I wouldn't put a whole lotta stock in anything he has to say .
            > Andrew

            Why?

            pax, smn
            Message 5 of 12 , 1 Sep, 2010
              Turns out shipping is $23 for a $12 product.
              Never mind...
              Checking out the cost of shipping From the Cellar Pack 4.
              I'm aquainted with Xavier Vitry. Maybe I can suck up to him. ;)

              Message 6 of 12 , 2 Sep, 2010
                Because you should never believe everything you read or hear.

                :-)

                That being said, I think Pitcavage's site is a good resource for the ASL community, and he generally has interesting opinions.

                Dan

                --- In BottosCon@..., "stephen" <newbergwong@...> wrote:

                > --- In BottosCon@..., "Andrew Nick" <andrew@> wrote:
                > >
                > > PITCAVAGE!
                > >
                > > I wouldn't put a whole lotta stock in anything he has to say .
                > > Andrew
                > >

                > Why?
                >
                > pax, smn

              • stephen
                Message 7 of 12 , 3 Sep, 2010
                  All that is good, but does not tell us what Andrew was talking about.

                  pax, smn

                  Message 8 of 12 , 3 Sep, 2010
                    Stephen, while not putting words in Andrew's mouth, and if I'm wrong I apologise, but Andrew might be refering to Mark Pitcavage's tendancy to get into debates/clashes with people of differeing viewpoints. I had a chance to meet Mark at Origins 2006 and found him to be a very pleasant gentleman.
                    Rob

                    --- In BottosCon@..., "stephen" <newbergwong@...> wrote:

                    > All that is good, but does not tell us what Andrew was talking about.
                    >
                    > pax, smn
                    >

                    > --- In BottosCon@..., "zebradano" <zebradano@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Because you should never believe everything you read or hear.
                    > >
                    > > :-)
                    > >
                    > > That being said, I think Pitcavage's site is a good resource for the ASL community, and he generally has interesting opinions.
                    > >
                    > > Dan
                    > >
                    > > --- In BottosCon@..., "stephen" <newbergwong@> wrote:

                    > > > Why?
                    > > >
                    > > > pax, smn

                  • stephen
                    Message 9 of 12 , 4 Sep, 2010
                      Maybe, Rob, but saying "I wouldn't put a whole lotta stock in anything he has to say ." seems serious overkill just for not liking the fact that Mark P. can be argumentative. I find that aspect a pain too, but it does not alter the fact that with some frequency he is also right. Tossing the baby with the bathwater reflects more on the problems of the tosser than the tossed.

                      pax, smn

                      Message 10 of 12 , 4 Sep, 2010
                        Well, let's not let past histories detract us from our main focus, Bottoscon :) I'm BC bound today and hope to be back in the Lower Mainland by this evening. As lovely as Edmonton and Grande Prairie are to visit, I'd rather live in Coquitlam. :)

                        --- In BottosCon@..., "stephen" <newbergwong@...> wrote:

                        > Maybe, Rob, but saying "I wouldn't put a whole lotta stock in anything he has to say ." seems serious overkill just for not liking the fact that Mark P. can be argumentative. I find that aspect a pain too, but it does not alter the fact that with some frequency he is also right. Tossing the baby with the bathwater reflects more on the problems of the tosser than the tossed.
                        >
                        > pax, smn
                        >
                        > --- In BottosCon@..., "robinkorea2002" <ScouterRob@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Stephen, while not putting words in Andrew's mouth, and if I'm wrong I apologise, but Andrew might be refering to Mark Pitcavage's tendancy to get into debates/clashes with people of differeing viewpoints. I had a chance to meet Mark at Origins 2006 and found him to be a very pleasant gentleman.
                        > > Rob
                        > >
                        > > --- In BottosCon@..., "stephen" <newbergwong@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > All that is good, but does not tell us what Andrew was talking about.
                        > > >
                        > > > pax, smn

                      • Andrew Nick
                        Message 11 of 12 , 6 Sep, 2010

                          My weak remark was only intended as an absurdly ironic attempt to besmirch a man beyond reproach.

                          Andrew

                          "Andrew Nick" <andrew@> wrote:

> [...]

                        • stephen
                          Message 12 of 12 , 7 Sep, 2010
                            --- In BottosCon@..., "Andrew Nick" <andrew@...> wrote:

                            > My weak remark was only intended as an absurdly ironic attempt to besmirch a
                            > man beyond reproach.

                            Well, that clears that up, then, as we now all know how things reflect.

                            pax, smn