Re: [Chordoma_Support_Group] bad mri results

  • Lisa Vanelli
    Message 1 of 18 , 4 Mar, 2011
      The bad penny reference is a good one...I'll have to tell dad...we have to keep our sense of humor, if nothing else!

      Thanks so much for all of your kind words.  All of the thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

      From: Lisa Vanelli <lmvano@...>
      Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 02:57:18
      To: <Chordoma_Support_Group@...>
      Subject: [Chordoma_Support_Group] bad mri results

      My dad just got some awful news today.  Despite all of the treatment that he
      received since 2006, for his thoracic spinal chordoma, the damned thing is
      growing again.  There isn't much that can be done at this point.  He's had
      multiple surgeries, all of the radiation that he can safely handle, Gleevec, you
      name it and it just keeps coming back.  We are just devastated by this news.  He
      just had another surgery in August so we were hoping that this would have helped
      him.  He's already having trouble with the stairs, etc.  I can't believe this is
      happening again.  I am so sad for him that this is happening after all of the
      treatment that he has endured.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          Chordoma_Support_Group-digest@...
          Chordoma_Support_Group-fullfeatured@...

          http://ca.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms

    • Austin Moore
      Message 2 of 18 , 4 Mar, 2011
        Has Gleevec worked for anyone???

        Austin

        Message 3 of 18 , 4 Mar, 2011
          Lisa,

          I am so saddened by your news.  I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

          Anne/St. Louis

          On 3/3/2011 8:57 PM, Lisa Vanelli wrote:

          My dad just got some awful news today.  Despite all of the treatment that he received since 2006, for his thoracic spinal chordoma, the damned thing is growing again.  There isn't much that can be done at this point.  He's had multiple surgeries, all of the radiation that he can safely handle, Gleevec, you name it and it just keeps coming back.  We are just devastated by this news.  He just had another surgery in August so we were hoping that this would have helped him.  He's already having trouble with the stairs, etc.  I can't believe this is happening again.  I am so sad for him that this is happening after all of the treatment that he has endured.

        • Pam
          Message 4 of 18 , 4 Mar, 2011
            I'm very sorry, will keep your family in my prayers

            Pam

            My dad just got some awful news today.  Despite all of the treatment that he received since 2006, for his thoracic spinal chordoma, the damned thing is growing again.  There isn't much that can be done at this point.  He's had multiple surgeries, all of the radiation that he can safely handle, Gleevec, you name it and it just keeps coming back.  We are just devastated by this news.  He just had another surgery in August so we were hoping that this would have helped him.  He's already having trouble with the stairs, etc.  I can't believe this is happening again.  I am so sad for him that this is happening after all of the treatment that he has endured.

          • Janet Wilbanks
            Message 5 of 18 , 5 Mar, 2011
              Very sorry - I will be praying for your family.

              To: Chordoma_Support_Group@...
              From: pam712@...
              Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 19:54:06 -0500

              I'm very sorry, will keep your family in my prayers

              Pam

              My dad just got some awful news today.  Despite all of the treatment that he received since 2006, for his thoracic spinal chordoma, the damned thing is growing again.  There isn't much that can be done at this point.  He's had multiple surgeries, all of the radiation that he can safely handle, Gleevec, you name it and it just keeps coming back.  We are just devastated by this news.  He just had another surgery in August so we were hoping that this would have helped him.  He's already having trouble with the stairs, etc.  I can't believe this is happening again.  I am so sad for him that this is happening after all of the treatment that he has endured.

            • Tibela Marcovitz
              Message 6 of 18 , 6 Mar, 2011
                   Hi Lisa,

                Wishing your dad the power to overcome the recurrence of the disease.
                Sending you my prayers.

                   Tibela