20812The Audit Report

  • Dan Swanson
    Feb 2
      fyi.

      Regards.
      Dan
      Dan Swanson and Associates, Ltd.
      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. Aristotle

      Click here to view this message in a browser window.
      Five Reasons to Audit the Risk Management Function
      Whether an organization's risk management function is focused on traditional insurable risks or broader enterprise-wide risk management, an audit of the risk management function should be among the first priorities for a chief audit executive. If a separate risk management department does not exist, the role of internal audit in risk management is even more important as fewer resources are dedicated to the process of identifying and evaluating risks and ensuring appropriate risk responses are intact. With this in mind, here are five ways organizations can benefit from having internal audit evaluate the risk management function.
      Auditing Culture: Taking the Next Steps
      In this podcast, developed in partnership with Experis Finance, we talk to Alec Arons, Experis’ national practice leader of advisory services, to discuss some steps to get started on auditing corporate culture and what companies can do to take those audits to the next level.
      Is the Backlash Against Non-GAAP Earnings Measures Receding?
      The battle over the use of non-GAAP measures in financial reporting has been simmering for well over a year, but now it may be starting to cool off, as new leadership at the SEC may be less inclined to pursue non-GAAP as an issue.
      Going All-In on Internal Audit Training
      Despite the phrase "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas," there are some events that take place there that you'd be happy to take with you and apply in your professional life. Here’s one of them.

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic